exterior door handle - Lock button

No, not in the car but it is usually in my Pocket. Maybe that locking button is for when you dont have the keys on you? Hmmm I guess that makes sense, but then i could just open the door and hit the lock button inside. I guess if this is the case its just another nice convenience. I will try it with the fob out of range and report back :)

Per chance, are you trying to push the button with the thumb while grabbing the handle?

I did that the first few times out of habit, then I realized that if it detects the hand it won't lock the door so I now push it with my index finger.

Keep also in mind that during 3 seconds after locking the door you can grab the handle to check if it's actually locked.

Per chance, are you trying to push the button with the thumb while grabbing the handle?

I did that the first few times out of habit, then I realized that if it detects the hand it won't lock the door so I now push it with my index finger.

Keep also in mind that during 3 seconds after locking the door you can grab the handle to check if it's actually locked.

Yep...Hard for me to break that reflex, hand on handle, use thumb to press the button. Lock/Unlock as fast as you can read it. Not touching the door handle, index finger push the button and watch for the lock button to go down. Very sensitive to any body part touching the inside surface of the door handle when trying to use the button to lock the car. I've gotten in the habit of just using the button on the armrest when exiting the car; the same process I use for my truck as it doesn't have the keyless entry feature.

But to your original question; no, not normal. If I remember to keep my fingers off the inside surface of the door handle, one push is all it takes.

Just try to sepate you cp with your key fob.. I just notice that it unterfere with the censor! My key always hang on my belt loop on the right. Often time if i forgot and put my cp on right pocket the button is not responding when you press! ..i completely agree that when you touch the inside handle it wont lock!