Satellite radio question with 2012 DJ RB5 radio

SiriusXM is one company now...if you have a Sirius contract (or get one), you'll get both. Same with XM; if you had an XM contract you will get both. Well, you'll get "it" since there is no difference any longer, both brands are now one company.

"On July 29, 2008, XM and former competitor Sirius Satellite Radio formally completed their merger, following U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) approval, forming Sirius XM Radio, Inc. with XM Satellite Radio, Inc. as its subsidiary.[1] On November 12, 2008, Sirius and XM began broadcasting with their new, combined channel lineups.[2] On January 13, 2011, XM Satellite Radio, Inc. was dissolved as a separate entity and merged into Sirius XM Radio, Inc."

I guess i need to be a little more specific about this. I knew about the merger (happened before i went overseas) but on their website your selection of channels are based on which type of service you're getting (They have Sirius, XM, and SiriusXM channel lineups). I asked the question because I'm a serious sportsfan and only SiriusXM capable radios give you play by play off all sports.

Gotcha... Your radio is a SiriusXM branded radio, to the best of my knowledge...the '13 is at any rate as is my '11 RAM 2500. I believe most satellite radios made since the merger have been the combined SiriusXM models (that's what I was getting at, I guess I didn't explain it very well...). There are still a lot of the older satellite radios out there, hence the Sirius and XM package differences. Originally, they used different frequencies as licensed by the FCC, but, post merger and the advent of the SiriusXM radio, that radio can pick up all of their packages, while the older models are relegated to the particular frequencies they were designed for, Sirius or XM. The SiriusXM has a lot more "channels" since it effectively recieves "twice" as many frequencies, while the older Sirius and XM radios are limited to the number of frequencies they were designed originally to receive.

You can choose any of the packages and features listed under the SiriusXM breakout menu unless someone with a '12 Journey knows that, for some reason, the '12 model year didn't come with SiriusXM radio...

Edited by webslave

Ok so looking at this a little more it appears that i will only have Sirius on the RB5. SiriusXM radios were only included on a few 2013 vehicles (your Ram 2500 included). Oh well, so much for MLB play by play.