My system information indicates that my release number is 8.032. I have followed this link(http://mofv.com/mygig/) in order to get the latest update for the model (RER) I own.

I have followed the instructions regarding the burning of the appropriate files on a CD, and installation/updating, but no success. I have a 6-DISCS changer, in which slot do I have to put the burned CD?

May be I have misread or not found answers for this question, but has anyone tried to update their system without having the original disc I am suppose to receive from Dodge, I guess?

Best Regards,

• 4 months later...
If you have a Journey with NAV you have an REU radio not an RER. Please take your vehicle in to the dealer. He will have the correct update disc for you.

Trouble is, I went to the dealer, and although they can "update" it, they have no idea if it has been updated, nor do they know anything else about it! Where can we ask questions like:

1. Why don't the screens on my REU look like the ones in the magazines?

2. I want to update the REU, not anyone else. How can I do that?

3. Certainly there has to be someone out there that can give me instructios for an REU and an REU only, as it is a bit different.

and a quesiton for you experts out there

How do I set it up so I can watch DVD's and change stuff while the car is driving? Is LockPic the only way? I don't want to ruin anything.

Tips?

Thanks

Trouble is, I went to the dealer, and although they can "update" it, they have no idea if it has been updated, nor do they know anything else about it! Where can we ask questions like:

3. Certainly there has to be someone out there that can give me instructios for an REU and an REU only, as it is a bit different.

How do I set it up so I can watch DVD's and change stuff while the car is driving? Is LockPic the only way? I don't want to ruin anything.

Tips?

Thanks

The dealer can look at a screen on the system and tell what version is running. If they do not know how to do it, I suggest finding a different dealer. I had mine in the dealer today because of the IPhone issue not working with the UConnect system. There is a screen on the radio screen that tells you what version is downloaded already.

Tips?

Thanks

you can go to this website and download firmware and Gracenote updates that you can burn to disc.

http://mofv.com/mygig/

Also, I have had the lockpic for about 3 months. It does unlock video while driving. No complaints here.