Joined the club!!!

Mikemmer

Since I expanded my family to 3 children I had to do something to end the "Will you stop touching me" from the backseat of my car. At the time I had an Armada, an Acadia, and a Sonata. I inherited the Acadia from my mother. My wife suggested that we look into something new. I did a search on 3rd seats and one of the first things to pop up was the Journey. After reading the reviews I was intrigued. After looking at the price I was very interest. We went to test drive this past Saturday and was convinced. The dealership ga e us a great deal. They were gave us a great deal on our trades, Armada and Sonata with a small payoff on the Sonata. We walked out with a new SXT with the V6 with only paying for the extended warranty. I've only had it for a few days but it is so nice having one boy in the 3rd row and my other two sitting in the middle.

Bright Red. It's the first red car I have ever owned. For me it takes some getting used to but I can easily find it whever I park. And it really stands out in a crowd. I will miss being able to pull a house with the Armada but I won't miss the insurance saving, 2 cars instead of 3, and not having a note on the Sonata. I think my wife and I made a great choice.

So at the end of the day I have two cross-over SUVs, a full size Acadia and a mid-size Journey. I have no car note and don't have to listen to my kids complain about space. I definately think we made the right choice. Of course my 10 year old complains about the legroom in the 3rd row but he is also 4'8" so it might be a little cramped for him but he is a kid so enjoy your own row.

Congrats. I wish I had gotten the red color but I was buying used and the one I got had more features. Being able to find it in the parking lot is a nice feature!

My DJ is my second car with a 3rd row backseat. While my twins (age 14) are too big to sit back there regularly now, it is so nice to have the option when we have to haul their friends around. Even my oldest son (19) likes to borrow when he needs to haul more friends than what will fit in his truck. You know a family car is a good one when the 19 year old likes to borrow it.

Edited by texastkc

Welcome to the forum. Congratulations. Your gonna love it. When we went to the lot, they had 36 DJ's of various trim levels but only 2 in brilliant red tri-coat pearl so we scooped the SXT. Don't see many of this red in Ontario. It's nice to kinda stand out. Anyway... enjoy your new ride and some separation for the kids :)

• 2 months later...

My wife also wanted three row seating to separate the kids...and we only have two! Both boys, and they are always on each other! (normal!) Interestingly, my 15 year old is 5'8" and he does not complain about the room in the third row. Personally, I think it's a bit tight and I'm an inch shorter, but what do I know? Fantastic family car, enjoy. I can't believe they aren't more popular here in the States - it is a superb value.

• 3 weeks later...

We love our DJ. Same story here. Needed 3rd row ASAP.

Our baby girl has her own row, and the boys as far away from mom as possible. Lol

Unfortunately, I find it a little cramped, for 3 car seats.

We're already wondering what we're going to switch to in 2 years.. Well see how things shape up once my oldest comes off the booster, and the baby girl faces fwd.