rear plate frames...

caheaton

Hello, I've been very happy with my new Black Crystal SE and have already put almost 200 miles on it since taking delivery this past Sunday...seems everyday I'm trying something new (today I explored the satellite radio :-) ). I'm not big on customizing my vehicles, but I would like to add a few personal touches (seat covers in the back for the dog, ditto cargo cover, weathertechs for the feet, etc). At the moment I've been shopping for a good looking license plate frame for the rear plate....something that is a bit out of the ordinary but also expresses my personality a bit. Initially I'd hoped to find one (dont' laugh :hysterical2: ) that had a Snoopy or Charlie Brown theme...perhaps done in chrome and with the comic character embossed into a corner. Sadly, such a plate appears to be non-existent! (I thought Peanuts was into merchandising on everything!). I'd hoped for Snoopy as I've been a fan of the strip all my life (and a Peanuts book was my first book as a child...still have that book). Has anybody found such a frame? I'm also interested in rubber floor matts with a similar theme, but those too are hard to find. Did find some on Overstock, but didn't care for the apparent quality of them.

Lacking the Peanuts frame, I'd settle for a frame that is good, heavy gauge metal with a good chrome plating and the Dodge name embossed into the top of the frame in a "rugged" font. I've seen a few online, but they seem to be either lacking in quality or simply just dont strike a chord with me. I'd like the embossing to be ideally enameled in block against a silver chrome frame (which would go with the cars color scheme of black ext and int).

So...what kind of plate frame have you put on your vehicle and any good suggestions?

Craig

So...what kind of plate frame have you put on your vehicle and any good suggestions?

Craig

Right now I have a Dodge one on my Journey but on my Saturn Sky I am going to put on that says "I Rather Be Kayaking" I have kayaked for over 20 years so this means something to me. I see you also kayak so that may be something to look into.

I also have one that says "I'd Rather Be Windsurfing"

http://www.nrsweb.com/shop/product.asp?pfid=7005

Terry

145771081.jpg

Edited by Windancer

You could also buy an electronic messaging frame and change it

when and to what you want to display anytime.

I have dedicated one of a kind plates since about 1980 and have

always used a protective lexan cover plate protecter and although

they are starting to show their age it's my personal preference.

You could also buy an electronic messaging frame and change it when and to what you want to display anytime.

I know this is straying off topic a bit, but did you change your message fairly often? If you don't mind me asking what messages did you put there? (I know I may regret asking). Personally, I have looked at these frames numerous times.

Terry

Terry I may have misled you but I don't have the Electronic Messaging frame myself.

I have looked at them in the past at Cantire and Costco but they really don't suit

my needs with regards to protecting my one of a kind hamradio callsign plates.

I was merely suggesting if someone wanted a custom frame the electronic

version would allow them to customize the message.