Where I can get journey 2013 repair manual?

jojogg

I need to install a parking sensor, however I do not know how to connect the the power cord to the socket inside the trunk rear driver side.

I checked the trunk and looks like I need remove the left side plastic cover.

Thank you in advance.

I don't believe your going to find any freebie manuals other than parts

anywhere,if you do let us know about it.

You have remove the WHOLE 1/4 panel of plastic unless you can

just pry out the rear section to connect to 12 vdc outlet which means

sensors will be on whenever DJ is running/acc.

Not only have I not been able to find a "freebie", I can't even get one off the Tech Authority website...I paid several hundred dollars (gladly) for the set I had on my '08 Jeep Commander, but, now they won't let you have one at any price...still haven't been able to buy one for my '11 RAM 2500 LongHorn HO CTD, either. I think that is totally wrong for any auto manufacturer to block repair manuals from the users. I realize that the cost of printing them is high, but, they won't even release the electronic versions. That's just wrong, in my book and may figure into a future vehicle purchase; I'm not likely to rebuild the engine, but, for something as simple as pulling trim to look for a short or to install an option not provided by the manufacturer (CB radio, for instance), you've got to have access to the proper procedure to keep from breaking something else and to be able to access torque values for simple repairs...for instance, what is the proper torque value for the caliper bolts when installing new pads? What is the proper procedure for getting the caliper pistons to retract?

Raw deal...and if you do find one, let us know where you got it!

Thank you Lebowski, Looks like it is not so easy to install the parking sensor. I will try it to connect the sensor to the 12 vdc outlet. The pro is the sensor can detect if there is a car beside or not when try to change the lane.

Thank you again.

Not exactly what you're looking for but it could be useful
This is the manual that explains how to install the backup camera, you can use the section regarding the side panel (which in turn requires removing the seats in the third row) and ignore the rest.
Beware, it's not 100% accurate.

Thank you valuable information. BTW, do you know where can download the instruction for install roof rack for Dodge Journey?

Thank you.

These are the instruction for the installation of the OEM sensors (instructions for the journey starting at page 102).
Again, take them with a grain of salt, but it seems there's no need to remove the panel since they take power from the brake light.

Thank you. I checked the instruction of the OEM sensor and looks like it is not difficulty to install. However I found that the instruction shows should remove the ground power cord from the battery. Do you know what the reason and if the car will need reset computer system or not? What about to solder the power cable to rear parking power cable without disconnect the battery?

Thank you again.

You can try the same site:

http://www.mopar-accessories.com

Will reset the computer system or not if disconnecting the ground power cord from the battery?

Thank you.

NEVER perform electrical work on modern vehicles without

diconnecting the battery.

They have so many computer(s) linked in the electrical

system that one short can do more harm than it's worth

to save a few minutte.

is anyone know which pair is for reverse parking light? I found there are 3 group wires.

And how to disconnect the connectors? Should I just pull them out or I need some special tools?

Thank you.

Edited by jojogg

• 3 weeks later...

I successfully installed the parking sensor. I followed the instruction for OEM parking sensor which Lebowski offered. And looks like mostly are correct. I used different holes. The power wire is write and tan, the ground is black. I did not soldering the wire. I just twisted the sensor power wires to parking light wires and typed them firmly. Now everything is ok.

Thank you for all your guys help.

• 7 months later...