New 2013 DJ Crew

wingit11

Well, "She Who Must be Obeyed" finally convinced me to trade in the 2009 DJ SXT for a new 2013 DJ Crew. We are getting it in Storm Grey. Looks good but just have to wait for delivery. Having it transferred from another dealer and should arrive by middle of next week. Then I get to play with installing some accessories and polishing it up. Guess that should keep me out of the bars. LOL

biohazard

We were considering the Pearl White but with the options SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED wanted we had a very limited selection available. As it was we had to go to BC to find one and have it shipped to Lethbridge. I didn't think I would care for Storm Grey but after taking a closer look I found it grew on me. Today was stripping the old DJ and getting it ready for trade in. I dropped the trailer hitch and changed out the snow tires and rims and put the stock 19" chrome clad wheels back on. Now nothing left to do but wait for the new DJ.

Congratulations on your new DJ. Our Journey is Copper Pearl Coat. I haven't seen any colour on the DJ that I didn't like lol!

The only colour I don't particularly care for is the Bright Silver. If we could not find what we wanted we were going to factory order it in Copper. I really like that colour.

biohazard

We were considering the Pearl White but with the options SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED wanted we had a very limited selection available. As it was we had to go to BC to find one and have it shipped to Lethbridge. I didn't think I would care for Storm Grey but after taking a closer look I found it grew on me. Today was stripping the old DJ and getting it ready for trade in. I dropped the trailer hitch and changed out the snow tires and rims and put the stock 19" chrome clad wheels back on. Now nothing left to do but wait for the new DJ.

what are your impressions on the chrome clad rims.. our new one will have them and I feel i will not like them as much as the solid aluminum ones....

what are your impressions on the chrome clad rims.. our new one will have them and I feel i will not like them as much as the solid aluminum ones....

Although the chrome clad rims looked good on our 2009 Deep Water Blue SXT I could not get over the cheap feel to them. Something about chromed plastic just does not do it for me. Our new 2013 I think just has Aluminum rims. Will know for sure when it is delivered. I think I still prefer aluminum rims.

biohazard

When I decided to get a new Journey last year, we had a 2001 Dodge Caravan in a colour called "Inferno red". I really wanted to get this colour again but alas not availabe any more. So I decided I would like the White Pearl coat. I wanted to factory order a new Journey and wanted White Pearl coat, but Mrs DoubleO7, said she would like to see the colour on a vehicle before we order. There where Journeys on the lot, but non in the White Pearl coat, so I let the Mrs select the colour that she liked from the vehicles on the lot. She selected the Storm Grey. Wouldn't have been my first choice, but I wanted to get the vehicle ordered, so I said OK. The colour has grown on me and like you, bright silver would not be a choice. Just to many of the colour around in all makes of vehicles. The Copper pearl coat would have been my alternate choice, but I got to pick the options, so I'm happy.

Enjoy your new DJ when it arrives.

Picked up our new 2013 DJ Crew tonight. The comfort is sure better than the 2009 DJ. Wife was like a kid in a candy shop she was so excited to pick it up. If I knew how to post pictures I would. Can someone help with that? :shades:

Open an account with PhotoBucket or similar image hosting site, upload some pics to their servers then copy the img file and paste the code into the "image" button when your posting and bam... your pic is on the site. You can also start a gallery as well. Hope this helps and congrats on your new big boy toy. Your gonna love it.