Interior light dimming switch

I just brought my 2012 dodge journey into the dealership to fix my interior lights dimming switch. I noticed that the circuit didn't seem to be hooked up correctly. When I would roll it all the way up to turn on all interior lights (ie: reading LEDs etc) the lights would come on but if you we're to just touch the switch the slightest bit, the lights would turn off. This is not supposed to happen as it is supposed to lock onto the "on" position. Dodge verified that there was a problem with the switch. It is not a big deal really but if you notice yours is doing it, dodge will replace the whole switch as it is not the wiring but instead the switch itself has too much play.

• Official Dodge Support
I just brought my 2012 dodge journey into the dealership to fix my interior lights dimming switch. I noticed that the circuit didn't seem to be hooked up correctly. When I would roll it all the way up to turn on all interior lights (ie: reading LEDs etc) the lights would come on but if you we're to just touch the switch the slightest bit, the lights would turn off. This is not supposed to happen as it is supposed to lock onto the "on" position. Dodge verified that there was a problem with the switch. It is not a big deal really but if you notice yours is doing it, dodge will replace the whole switch as it is not the wiring but instead the switch itself has too much play.

Vegas,

Thanks for the head up; not sure if DodgeCares has ever heard of this, but this is a new one for me.

Ya it was ridiculous! I took the car into the local dealership to get it fixed and after a four hour wait the switch was finally replaced. But hold on, there's more......... IT WAS THE WRONG SWITCH!!!!!! It has TWO switches instead of one. One of them was not even functional ad the other just turned interior lights on and off with no dim or gauge lights. The worst part is they didn't even tell me it was the wrong switch. I TOLD them it was wrong and they said "oh we thought it looked different". Ya considering the dude I was talking to had the old part in his hand, I hope he realized it was different. They said they ordered the part out of dodges catalog and that they must of reboxed it wrong. NOPE, they ordered the wrong part all together (the parts manager apologized but then said this is the second time an incorrect part was ordered and installed). They may need to replace a position soon somewhere in the dealership. I told them that I would not accept the wrong part and that they needed to reorder the correct part. They did. They ordered it right off the part# that was on the original part which was totally different than the new and incorrect part. I am just miffed that it took them 4 hours to figure out it was the incorrect part and weren't even going to tell me about it. Service definitely isn't that of back home in Vegas.