Hi guys,

I am a newbie here on this forum and have just completed my first 2000km with my Fiat Freemont FWD and a 140hp diesel. I really enjoy the car and many of its practical capabilities and its comfort. However there are a few things that bother me and one is the ESP and antispinn function. I feel that the behaviour of the system is that it is very late to correct the behaviour of the car. This is compared to my other cár that is a BMW 5-serie where both antispinn and ESP corrects much earlier and in a nice and gentle way. When I provoke the systems on a icy/snowy road on the Freemont I am not impressed.

Is there anybody with similar experience and does anybody know if there will be some updates of the system?

Regards

Henrik

Personally, I can't compare with a BMW as I've never driven one, and quite honestly, the DJ (a economical Crossover SUV) shouldn't be compared to the BMW 5 Series (a luxury sedan) as they really aren't even the same class, and I'm more than certain that the BMW would out perform the DJ in almost any category other than interior space. That said, I've been pushing the DJ a bit since having our first major snow storm of the year, which included freezing rain, and find it performs admirably, even without the AWD option.

Cheers, and Merry Christmas!

Steph S.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Psyke" data-cid="25255" data-time="1356448397"><p>

Personally, I can't compare with a BMW as I've never driven one, and quite honestly, the DJ (a economical Crossover SUV) shouldn't be compared to the BMW 5 Series (a luxury sedan) as they really aren't even the same class, and I'm more than certain that the BMW would out perform the DJ in almost any category other than interior space. That said, I've been pushing the DJ a bit since having our first major snow storm of the year, which included freezing rain, and find it performs admirably, even without the AWD option.<br />

<br />

Cheers, and Merry Christmas!<br />

Steph S.</p></blockquote>

I have to agree, you can't compare the DJ to a BMW that is 750kg+ lighter. I find that throttle control plays a huge part in how the system works. Mashing the throttle will give a lot of shudder in slippery conditions whereas a light foot will provide much better results in getting going with much less noise and shudder. Merry Christmas. Cheers.

Edited by Rubberdude88

Yes - of course there is price difference, no doubt about that. However I just noticed such difference from the BMW and a ESP system is a ESP system no matter what what car it is - it sHall ju just do the job and correct the vehicle. I am not talkong about weight here it is rather about when the system is about to grip in and do the correction. From my point of view I would appreiceate the system to grip in a bit earlier and/or be more sensitive. Is this systmem the same as on other Dodge models?

Cheers and Merrry Christmas to you all from a snowy Sweden:-)

Henrik