DVD screen blocks rear view

ckl

Hi,

just test drove another journey with the rear seat DVD and noticed that when the screen is down, there is completely no visibility from the rear view mirror.

Anyone have any workarounds for this?

The only thing I can think of is to get screens put in the headreast. Something I would like to do on mine.

Hi,

just test drove another journey with the rear seat DVD and noticed that when the screen is down, there is completely no visibility from the rear view mirror.

Anyone have any workarounds for this?

I would not say "completely no visiblility". I'm 6'-1" and I have the rear seat video as well. I have adjusted my seat up and down....no matter what, with the dvd screen all the way down, the bottom of the screen is about even with the 3rd horizonal line in the rear window defogger. If I adjust the screen up a notch for best viewing for the 2nd row, the bottom of the screen is even higher and is aligned with the 1st line on the rear window defogger. Either way I can still see behind in the rear view mirror. A bigger distraction for me are the headrests in the 3rd rows. They actually narrow the rear view quite a bit.