iPod Nano Connection

journeysend

Picked up my Journey R/T Friday and am wading through the manuals learning about all the great stuff that it has on it. The radio is a MyGig model REN. Does anyone know whether an iPod Nano can be connected to the radio to either download the folders onto the HDD or at least play what is on the iPod. If so, do you connect to the AUX jack or the USB port or somewhere else? The multimedia system Users Manual refers to a Universal Customer Interface(UCI) manual but I didn't receive one and have been unsuccessful finding one online. I do have a cable that I found in the glove box with 1 end that will fit the iPod, and a strange looking connector on the other end. This might be the cable I need but don't know where it plugs into the radio. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Picked up my Journey R/T Friday and am wading through the manuals learning about all the great stuff that it has on it. The radio is a MyGig model REN. Does anyone know whether an iPod Nano can be connected to the radio to either download the folders onto the HDD or at least play what is on the iPod. If so, do you connect to the AUX jack or the USB port or somewhere else? The multimedia system Users Manual refers to a Universal Customer Interface(UCI) manual but I didn't receive one and have been unsuccessful finding one online. I do have a cable that I found in the glove box with 1 end that will fit the iPod, and a strange looking connector on the other end. This might be the cable I need but don't know where it plugs into the radio. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

The cable plugs into a matching connector in the upper glove box.

The cable plugs into a matching connector in the upper glove box.

Thanks mjm48 for the help. I did find the receptacle in the glove box and was able to plug the cable end into it with some difficulty. The receptacle is fixed to the back of the glove box and is facing down which makes insertion of the plug awkward. However, I have been able to play the iPod contents through the radio system and that is what I wanted to do. Thanks again