dual-clutch six-speed transmission for Journey

bluetrep

• 1 month later...
We have the six speed dual now with the 3.5 litre

Hi I´m Horst from Germany!!!

Since one week we owners of a Journey SE 2,4 MT.

I don´t really understand Dodge car policy for Germany!!!

You were asking for a dual-clutch six-speed transmission.

In Germany is only available the 2,4 SE (no SXT or R/T) with only manual transmission (170 HP). And we have a 2.0 CRD engine, coming from Volkswagen (140 HP) - coming with a manual 6-speed or dual-clutch six-speed. The Diesel is available as SE, SXT and R/T. No AWD is available here.

In Austria they have Diesel and a 2,7 V6 with a regular 6-speed automatic transmission.

To answer the other comment about the 3,5 V6 - I think it´s also only a regular automatic transmission, not a dual-clutch. There´s some technical difference between but I´m not enough technician to explain it - not even more in english.

Hope you´ve enjoyed my informations.

At last - even ours it´s only a SE the 2,4 MT makes fun and consumes for sure less then the V6s. In time of high fuel prices this makes sence - actual in Germany 1,32 for Diesel and 1,41 for Gasoline --- but EURO no Dollars

CU soon

Hi I´m Horst from Germany!!!

Since one week we owners of a Journey SE 2,4 MT.

I don´t really understand Dodge car policy for Germany!!!

You were asking for a dual-clutch six-speed transmission.

In Germany is only available the 2,4 SE (no SXT or R/T) with only manual transmission (170 HP). And we have a 2.0 CRD engine, coming from Volkswagen (140 HP) - coming with a manual 6-speed or dual-clutch six-speed. The Diesel is available as SE, SXT and R/T. No AWD is available here.

In Austria they have Diesel and a 2,7 V6 with a regular 6-speed automatic transmission.

To answer the other comment about the 3,5 V6 - I think it´s also only a regular automatic transmission, not a dual-clutch. There´s some technical difference between but I´m not enough technician to explain it - not even more in english.

Hope you´ve enjoyed my informations.

At last - even ours it´s only a SE the 2,4 MT makes fun and consumes for sure less then the V6s. In time of high fuel prices this makes sence - actual in Germany 1,32 for Diesel and 1,41 for Gasoline --- but EURO no Dollars

CU soon

In Canada, we only have the 2.4 4-speed automatic transmission or the 3.5 V6 6-speed automatic transmission. No manual transmission and no diesel engine. A 2.7 V6 was supposed to be available, but I have not seen one yet and the dealer dont know if it will be available.

dual clutch automatic transmission is more efficient than regular AT, shift more smooth, save fuel. VW has 6-spd DSG and 7-spd DSG. Chysler offer 6-spd dual clutch for oversee model like Journey, Avenger, Sebring. hope it is also avaible for North America.

Yes it´s the VW Diesel on european Journeys which has the 6-spd DSG, but unfortunately it´s not a VW transmission - it´s coming from GETRAG. Some drivers here in Germany complains that engine and transmission are not working very harmonic together.

But low fuel consumption is the biggest benfit you have with the Diesel and DSG - more than 30MPG (over 35 on motorways) is no problem. As in Canada we count in liters - what I heared was that it´s not more than 8l per 100km, mostly below.