Journey or what?.................

We just bought a 2013 Journey SE Plus with the third row.. and in the price range the only thing that was an option for us was the Kia Rondo, but it was significantly smaller and so really didn't work. We have 3 kids, and had them all in a Honda Civic while they were in car seats, but now that my oldest needs to be in a booster, we needed something bigger. The Journey is wide enough for him to do up his own seat belt, and we can use the third row when we need to car pool. I can't comment on the long term (I've only had the car for 3 weeks) but I can tell you that there aren't really any options if you are looking for car that can seat 7 from time to time.

• Official Dodge Support

We just bought a 2013 Journey SE Plus with the third row.. and in the price range the only thing that was an option for us was the Kia Rondo, but it was significantly smaller and so really didn't work. We have 3 kids, and had them all in a Honda Civic while they were in car seats, but now that my oldest needs to be in a booster, we needed something bigger. The Journey is wide enough for him to do up his own seat belt, and we can use the third row when we need to car pool. I can't comment on the long term (I've only had the car for 3 weeks) but I can tell you that there aren't really any options if you are looking for car that can seat 7 from time to time.

Michael,

Congrats on the new vehicle!!!

Well it's a good thing that you chose the Journey over the Rondo cuz that vehicle IMO could give the Pontiac Aztec a run for it's money in design style. Congrats and enjoy your new Dodge! :)

• Official Dodge Support

Michael,

Felicitations!

If you ever need anything, please don't hesitate to PM me; I will do my best to help.

De la part de Chrysler Canada, je vous remercie pour votre achat!

• 3 months later...

We just traded our 2009 DJ SXT on a 2013 DJ Crew. Our main selling feature was the seat. My wife has arthritis and can't sit for long in most vehicles. When looking for both of these vehicles my wife spent a lot of time trying everything out there. Had to be the right height to get in and out. Needed adjustable lumbar support and with her very long legs and short torso she had to still be able to see over the dash. Found out that was a very tall order but at the end of the process the Dodge journey was the only vehicle without spending $50,000 that she could sit in for more than half an hour. Seems rather silly to have to go out and find a seat and then see what vehicle was wrapped around the seat, but that is pretty much what we did.

The 2009 was good and so far only having the new DJ for 6 days it seems to be even better than the old one. Still trying to learn all the new systems on it. :dreamy:

Congratulations on your new Journey. I agree about the seats. We bought the Journey not only for the great looks but also because of the comfort we'll need on a cross country trip we're going on this year.

• Official Dodge Support
We just traded our 2009 DJ SXT on a 2013 DJ Crew. Our main selling feature was the seat. My wife has arthritis and can't sit for long in most vehicles. When looking for both of these vehicles my wife spent a lot of time trying everything out there. Had to be the right height to get in and out. Needed adjustable lumbar support and with her very long legs and short torso she had to still be able to see over the dash. Found out that was a very tall order but at the end of the process the Dodge journey was the only vehicle without spending $50,000 that she could sit in for more than half an hour. Seems rather silly to have to go out and find a seat and then see what vehicle was wrapped around the seat, but that is pretty much what we did.

The 2009 was good and so far only having the new DJ for 6 days it seems to be even better than the old one. Still trying to learn all the new systems on it. :dreamy:

Congrats on the new Journey. If you have any questions post them up and hopefully we can help you out.

• 4 months later...

We also wanted a third row after selling our 2005 Pacifica (which replaced a 1995 Cheerokee) for the times we have visitors. We looked at ALL options.. Durango, Buick, Explorer, Flex, Sorento, Santa Fe, Town&Country.. You name it we looked at it, and in the end, the Journey SXT Blacktop was our pick. It's smooth, good looking, and comfortable... not to mention decent on the MPG. I'm sure everyone has thier own stories, but for our family we stuck with Chrysler.