We have experienced the complete loss of audio twice now. By complete I mean no audio from the nav, AM, FM, Sat, HDD, etc. When you push the audio adjust knob the display gives a message of "no audio to adjust". Both times the audio has returned after one or two times of shutting off the car and restarting. We have also experienced at the same time the navigation system being unable to plan a route. It starts to plan and goes to never-never land. It will still show your position but that is all it will do.

We took it back to dealer this week and they have ordered a new radio. I will post again after it is installed if it seems to be the answer.

Ours did the same thing a few times, they did the update and said it should be good. But when the Fiance went to drive it away from the dealer it did it again. She went right back in and they ordered us a complete new audio unit and controller??, should be in next week. Radio is working fine now though. They did give us a coupon for our next oil change for free though!! Which is great our first oil change was a thank you freebie, and the next is free now too!!

I haven't found an update for MYGig with the Nav unit yet. If someone find one, please post it.

I received an update CD in the mail a few weeks ago. After I did the update myself, I had an unrelated problem (with a switch in the transmission) and had my car at the dealer. While I was standing there, he hooked the computer up to my car that pulled the codes - and found a "ton" of error codes for the radio. I am not sure if these were addressed by the update CD or not - but I have never had any problems with my radio before or after the CD update. The update was simple and took only a couple of minutes - it has directions on the CD sleeve and states if you aren't comfortable doing it that you can take it to the dealer.

It is not the radio. Ours has been replaced for this problem already. Left on a 4 day camping trip Thursday night, no internet available at campsite. We lost audio when we left the driveway and got it back when we stopped about 75 miles later at a store just off the interstate. The pattern seems to be that you lose the audio when you start the car, not while it is running. Audio comes back when the car is shut off and restarted. Not sure how much time is needed or if you could shut it back off immediately and have the audio return.

I have an appointment to have the Hemi Ram serviced on Wednesday and will talk to the service manager about it then

Interesting coincidence.............

Our daughter lives in Texas and owns a GMC Acadia. The wife was talking to her tonight and mentioned the audio problem we have experienced with the Journey. She has the Nav system in the Acadia and has had the same problem about 4 times in the 8-10 months she has owned it. She says shutting the key off and restarting the vehicle restores the audio.

On a side note she has added the LocPic to her unit and is very happy with the operation.

I think our dealer is afraid to try and update the Mygig. Doesn't know anything about it except to replace it under certain conditions.

When we first got it the display as I posted here or in another radio post, it went green around the touch screen buttons. It appeared to be suffering from a slight power loss causing the touch screen to falter. It must be a common issue with power to them. We do not have the Nav option.

We have not had any problems with power since but as in sirius loss of signal posts, we have had total loss for minutes at a time near power lines etc.

The Stewie

• 2 months later...

I talked to the Service manager sometime ago while having my truck serviced. We decided to wait on trying to repair the Journey audio problem that reoccured after the radio was replaced. He called early this week and said he had an update that should fix it. He didn't say if it was hardware or software and has been off on a family emergency since he called. I will contact him next week and have the repairs made and then report back here what was done.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We had our REU unit replaced a little over a month ago. It seems to have solved the problems.

The only thing is they replaced it with a rebuilt unit. Today my wife starts the car and the radio goes into a update mode for a few minutes.

It then tells us our Sirrius suscription has expired, bought car in August of 08. Wife calls up Sirrius and they tell her that our radio ( the rebuilt in our car) has been in service for over a year and that the subscription has expired.

Had to fight with Sirrius to get them to turn satellite radio back on.

So if you have your head unit replaced, look out for more fun and games down the road.