2012 journey r/t charged for but no Garmin

Lizzie

I purchased my 2012 journey just after the tsunami hit Japan and was informed that the supplier for the Garmin was unable to deliver any systems. I was still charged for the Garmin and because my lease was up on my existing vehicle I bought the journey then instead of waiting (I was also lead to believe that even the 2013 were not going go be equipped with the system). The longer I own this vehicle the angrier I become seeing all the Garmins included shortly after my purchase. Did anyone else run into this problem?

you'll find that stand-alone navs have the advantage of free map updates.

Are you sure of this? I am definately not saying this is wrong but the reason I ask is, I had to purchase a lifetime upgrade for my Garmin Nuvi back in 2008. The Garmin lifetime update was way cheaper than the Navteq single upgrade.

Just to let everyone know the map in my portable GPS seems to be better than the Navteq one in my vehicle and much easier to upgrade. I talked to a Navteq employee and he told me you really only need to upgrade every other upgrade.

Terry

Assuming you still have your sales sheet (yellow paper listing off all options, packages, prices, and taxes) and if it states you paid for the nav with no adjustments later on, then I would fight this with the dealership. Its illegal to charge you for something you didn't receive, and it not like Chrysler is a "Fly-by-night" company.

One question though, are you referring to the 8.4 instead of the 4.3 ?

I was told at the time of purchase that there was nothing the dealership could do that they were only given a $100.00 credit off and that I would have to purchase a GPS myself. I think the worst thingies that I feel that I allowed myself to be so taken advantage of I had always had my husband to rely on before and this was my first purchase without him

I don't see where you feel you were taken advantage of as the dealer told you right up front no in dash GPS. As was stated earlier, buy a Garmin. They pretty much all come with Lifetime map updates which is handy as they build new roads all the time. I've had this particular one for 2 years now and have had 4 updates. Also DO NOT rely totally on a gps for directions. Google map it or keep a Rand McNally handy. The GPS is a good tool for driving but you should always have a rough idea of where you're going or you could end up on a logging road in the middle of winter. Most of all enjoy the hell out of driving your R/T