Greetings From Mission, BC!

BC_IT_Guy

Hello, my name is Pablo. I like Candlelight Dinners, long moonlight walks on the beach, errrr oops wrong forum. ;)

Seriously though, we have recently purchased a Pearl White Journey R/T AWD as we are now “Empty Nesters” and we want to take in the beautiful BC scenery doing various road trips. We figured a CUV/SUV would be our best bet, so we started shopping. As a "Computer Geek" by trade, I did a lot of on-line homework & narrowed it down to a Ford Escape, or Dodge Journey. Having had his & her SX2.0's, I must say Dodge had a slight edge. ;-)

So off we went to our local Chrysler Dodge dealer (Pioneer in Mission) and we immediately fell in LOVE with “Pearl” (That’s what we have named her). So we drove home with her that very evening. So far, we LOVE “Pearl!” She’s perfect for our needs, comfortable, quiet, roomy, and fuel efficient. The power that you’ve squeezed out that V6 is amazing by the way!

The only negative I have thus far, is the fact that the salesman indicated that “Pearl” was equipped with GPS when in fact she wasn’t. My fault as I really didn’t confirm that fact before signing the contract…

So I just thought I would share our latest Road Trip "Journey to the Mudflats" in case you may be interested. Keep an eye on my Picasa Web Albums for other ones & future "Journeys" as well....

https://picasaweb.go...feat=directlink

Best Regards,

Pablo

Pablo,

Welcome!

Great pics.

I am awaiting my 2013 R/T for delivery into the Dealer in N.Van (we live in Squamish and work downtown vancouver)

Should be any day now.

We ordered the Pearly White also. Love it.

Here is hoping that my R/T w/ sound group 1 - has GPS. I am a little concerned now! :cold:

If your R/T has the Sound Group 1 package, this is what the Dodge Canada website says is included:

1-Year SIRIUS Radio Service

6 Premium Speakers w/Subwoofer

368 Watt Amplifier

Portable Rechargeable Trouble Light

8.4" Touch Screen Display

Air Conditioning ATC w/Dual Zone Control

Garmin Navigation System

Driver Convenience Group

Park-Sense Rear Park Assist System

ParkView Rear Back-Up Camera

Universal Garage Door Opener

SIRIUS Satellite Radio

Radio: UConnect Touch 8.4N Media Centre

UConnect Voice Command w/Bluetooth

Rearview Auto Dim Mirror w/Microphone

This option features:

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Feature: Automatic air conditioning

Automatic air conditioning is a completely integrated electronic system. The system automatically adjusts thermostat and fan settings as needed to maintain a preset temperature. The system may also be operated manually when preferred.

Feature: AM/FM/Satellite

In addition to traditional AM and FM radio reception, this radio, when properly equipped, is capable of receiving digital radio signals from a satellite.

Feature: DVD-Audio

DVD-Audio is a format for delivering high-fidelity audio content on a DVD disc.

Feature: Performance grade speakers

Performance speakers are higher quality speakers compared to a base level speaker.

Feature: Voice activated audio controls

The audio system functions respond to voice command.

Feature: Wireless streaming

This feature allows music to be transferred from a mobile device to the vehicle without the need to physically connect the two devices.

Feature: Navigation system

The vehicle is equipped with a navigation system.

Feature: Voice activated navigation system

The vehicle is equipped with a voice activated navigation system.

Feature: Wireless connectivity

Otherwise known as Bluetooth, this technology allows electronic devices to integrate with the vehicle systems without the need for a physical connection between them.

Edited by rolly

Hello, my name is Pablo. I like Candlelight Dinners, long moonlight walks on the beach, errrr oops wrong forum. ;)

Seriously though, we have recently purchased a Pearl White Journey R/T AWD as we are now “Empty Nesters” and we want to take in the beautiful BC scenery doing various road trips. We figured a CUV/SUV would be our best bet, so we started shopping. As a "Computer Geek" by trade, I did a lot of on-line homework & narrowed it down to a Ford Escape, or Dodge Journey. Having had his & her SX2.0's, I must say Dodge had a slight edge. ;-)

So off we went to our local Chrysler Dodge dealer (Pioneer in Mission) and we immediately fell in LOVE with “Pearl” (That’s what we have named her). So we drove home with her that very evening. So far, we LOVE “Pearl!” She’s perfect for our needs, comfortable, quiet, roomy, and fuel efficient. The power that you’ve squeezed out that V6 is amazing by the way!

The only negative I have thus far, is the fact that the salesman indicated that “Pearl” was equipped with GPS when in fact she wasn’t. My fault as I really didn’t confirm that fact before signing the contract…

So I just thought I would share our latest Road Trip "Journey to the Mudflats" in case you may be interested. Keep an eye on my Picasa Web Albums for other ones & future "Journeys" as well....

https://picasaweb.go...feat=directlink

Best Regards,

Pablo

Hi Pablo and welcome. My wife and I are also empty nesters and looking forward to our road trip across Canada and the U.S. next year. Originally we intended on buying a Chrysler 200 but after thinking it over we settled on the Journey because it was bigger and more comfortable. We have a 2001 Neon now, so it's certanly going to be a step up. We ordered a 2013 SXT last month and we're patiently waiting. Love your pics and your sense of humour. Enjoy your trips!

Thanx for the warm Welcome, and if you're ever out in my neck of the woods, be sure to drop by & say Hello!

(PS, for the record & in case the Mrs reads this, "Pearl" is actually her baby, but she does allow me to drive it on occasion. My daily car is still the 05 SX2.0 Sport, which I have customized a bit)

Hey Pablo, welcome!!! I will take delivery of my 2013 Storm grey R/T Rallye on Monday...I'm very excited!! When I was looking at the dealer lots, i noticed almost all had the drivers group NOT the Nav and Sound group which I couldn't quite figure out. I'll be sure to check mine over BEFORE I sign on the dotted line!!

P.S. oddly enough, my name is Paul or Paullie to my mates!!

Hey Pablo, welcome!!! I will take delivery of my 2013 Storm grey R/T Rallye on Monday...I'm very excited!! When I was looking at the dealer lots, i noticed almost all had the drivers group NOT the Nav and Sound group which I couldn't quite figure out. I'll be sure to check mine over BEFORE I sign on the dotted line!!

P.S. oddly enough, my name is Paul or Paullie to my mates!!

Actually my name is Paul as well, but I go to Mexico once or twice a year & mi amigos there call me Pablo, so it just kinda stuck!

Yep, our R/T has ALL the goodies except the Nav, or the drop down screen for the rear seats. But real men don't need to ask for directions anyways.... :shades:

What I REALLY like is the USB connection; I took a 32GB USB stick, loaded all my 3,576 MP3 songs on it, & just leave it plugged in in the console. Put the sound system on Shuffle & it's as good as Satellite! As a matter fo fact haven't even activated my free year of Sirius yet....

Best Regards

Pablo

Hello, my name is Pablo.

Welcome Pablo, I too have a white Journey albeit a 2010, It is fully loaded with everything that was available in 2010. I drove it out to Port McNeil on the island for a 6 day kayak trip in September of 2010.

Terry

146733255.jpg

Edited by Windancer

LUV the chrome goodies you added! We have most of the chrome trim as well & it really looks nice!

Thanks...... have removed the kayak carriers on the roof (looks much nicer), now trailer both my kayaks.

Terry

145771081.jpg

Edited by Windancer