Upgrade/Replace Fog Lights; Angel Eyes & HID Kits

Last week I ordered the following:

Most sites did not list the following kit as compatible with my '11 Dodge Journey Crew but it is listed for '09 & '10 Dodge Journeys and if I am not mistake the fog light housings are the same. Guess I will find out soon.

Spyder Auto FL-P-DM05-HL Projector Fog Light

41NZb6yAj%2BL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.co...ils_o01_s00_i00

The next kit was listed for my Journey but is no longer available(?) which makes me worry a little bit.

"Slim" HID Kit by Kensun with Xenon Lights, H3, 5000K"

5107wJHW4PL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.co...ils_o02_s01_i00

Both should arrive today or tomorrow.

Installation of the HID kit looks to be straightforward and the new fog light housings looks to be an exact swap.

The "Angel Eyes" part of the new fog lights look to be wired separately and I want the Angel Eye ring to always be on when the Journey is on regardless of if the fog lights (or any other lights) are actually on or not. Anyone have any suggestions of where can I (easily) wire the rings to achieve this? Hopefully somewhere near the fog lights already.

Any other help would be appreciated as well, Thank you.

Edited by jeremy0213

Last week I ordered the following:

Most sites did not list the following kit as compatible with my '11 Dodge Journey Crew but it is listed for '09 & '10 Dodge Journeys and if I am not mistake the fog light housings are the same. Guess I will find out soon.

Spyder Auto FL-P-DM05-HL Projector Fog Light

41NZb6yAj%2BL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.co...ils_o01_s00_i00

The next kit was listed for my Journey but is no longer available(?) which makes me worry a little bit.

"Slim" HID Kit by Kensun with Xenon Lights, H3, 5000K"

5107wJHW4PL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.co...ils_o02_s01_i00

Both should arrive today or tomorrow.

Installation of the HID kit looks to be straightforward and the new fog light housings looks to be an exact swap.

The "Angel Eyes" part of the new fog lights look to be wired separately and I want the Angel Eye ring to always be on when the Journey is on regardless of if the fog lights (or any other lights) are actually on or not. Anyone have any suggestions of where can I (easily) wire the rings to achieve this? Hopefully somewhere near the fog lights already.

Any other help would be appreciated as well, Thank you.

Do you have the '11 DJ parts pdf file?

It gives you illustrated pic of everything.

..... I want the Angel Eye ring to always be on when the Journey is on regardless of if the fog lights (or any other lights) are actually on or not.

I did this in my Integra a few years back when I put in Angel Eye projector headlights with Halos. I used 3M wire taps to connect the Halo ring wires to the side marker wires. It was a simple 5 min job once I knew which wire to tap and the halos now come on when I turn on the running lights. If you want yours on all the time, you might want to check the high beam/DRL power wire to determine if it can handle the extra drain for the halos in the fogs, the halos are just two small leds each so I don't imagine much strain on the system. Not sure what affect it have on HID headlights though.

I did this in my Integra a few years back when I put in Angel Eye projector headlights with Halos. I used 3M wire taps to connect the Halo ring wires to the side marker wires. It was a simple 5 min job once I knew which wire to tap and the halos now come on when I turn on the running lights. If you want yours on all the time, you might want to check the high beam/DRL power wire to determine if it can handle the extra drain for the halos in the fogs, the halos are just two small leds each so I don't imagine much strain on the system. Not sure what affect it have on HID headlights though.

Thanks for the advice. And yes bigtsr, I do have that pdf and will dig through it to see if I find something.

AstralRT, thanks for the suggestions. I will check to see if any of the side markers are always on. The High/DRL won't work because they are not always on. The high beams/day time running lights go off when the low beams are on or when the turn signal is on but thanks anyway. The ideas are headed in the right direction

The only other thing I can think of is to hook it up direct to the battery with a switch mounted inside the cabin (with a fuse somewhere on the line between the battery and the switch for safety.

You might be able to do a google search to see how people used to install those underbody neon lights and such for some ideas. I'm sure there has to be someone that did some light installs to always be on and not hooked up to a dash mounted switch.

Just some thoughts. I personally prefer having them connected to the running lights.

• 9 months later...