Cannot connect Ipad to radio

• Official Dodge Support

Has anyone found a way to connect an Ipad to the radio in an 2010 RT? It has the Ipod connector but is not letting the Ipad to download songs into the hard drive of the radio or even play them through the speakers. Frustrating....

Waddie,

I’m sorry to hear that you are frustrated with your Radio and your IPad.

As you might already know, all Apple devices (IPod/IPhone/IPad) do not allow users to upload or download anything “to or from it” as ITUNES must be used to import files (music/photos/movies/books/etc.).

The IPad is not compatible with UConnect.

When connected to the vehicle’s USB port, so when plugged in, your IPad will display this message “The device is not supported by the IPad” and your radio may display “‘Reading” or “Error”

If your vehicle is equipped with the UConnect system, you can pair your IPad with the radio and stream audio via Bluetooth.

Another solution is to use an inexpensive USB Jump drive to store/transfer media from your computer to the radio via the USB port.

Hope that clears things up for you and if you are unsure of if or what UConnect system you have, send me a PM and I can look in to that for you.

Another option might be to connect a audio cable from the iPad headphone jack into the radios AUX jack. You might not have the same control over the music, but it might be an option to at least listen to it. (Also not sure if the 09-10 models have the AUX audio jack)

(Also not sure if the 09-10 models have the AUX audio jack)

I have a 2010 R/T and yes they do, that is how I use my Ipod in my car. I have a holder that plugs into the always on power port just ahead of the shifter and I have a small cable from my Ipod to my AUX.jack, like you said you do loose some functionality this way, but it works well for me.

Terry

Edited by Windancer