Auto Climate Malfunction

lytefall

Anyone else had an issue with the climate control? I have mine set to 23C usually and today it was only blowing on low on my feet only (ambient temp today is 37C). I turned it all the way to "LO" and have it blowing on the dash vents at a fan speed of maybe 2.

If I put it in manual the fan and AC functions fine at all speeds.

Apparently they did something incorrect when measuring the freon level because they now say it is fine. Evap sensor was shot. Being replaced in a couple days.

Also brake booster had issues causing the brake pedal to be rock hard (almost to the point I couldn't depress it enough to get the vehicle started) when the vehicle sits for periods greater than 5-6 hours. Sad to need multiple repairs on a vehicle just 3 mths old. That will be replaced at the same time.

I never use the auto climate control. At least in my 2012 Crew it freaking sucks. It's never correct (never cold enough when it should be).

Am I wrong in thinking that on a 110deg day, you would want front and rear full fan speed (face vents only) with recirculate turned on? Cause for some reason the auto will turn on the defrost vents on hot days...

I found the exact opposite. My auto climate was almost too cold. Past vehicles I always kept it 20-21C. This one I keep it 23-24. If I turn it down any lower than 20 it feels like my face is frozen within a couple mins.

My auto climate always ran on face vents on really warm days and moderate days split it between face and feet. I don't think my auto climate has ever used the defrost on its own.

Why what's up???

Because it's stupid: it doesn't let me engage when I want it or need it.

All of my previous cars would let me activate recirculation at my will, this one only if the airflow isn't directed to the feet.

Since in auto mode, when it has to heat in winter (or early morning even in summer) it automatically selects the flow to the feet, it won't let me turn on the recirculation, so that I have to breathe the exhaust from the car in front of me. And to redirect the flow manually requires a (distracting and not recommendable while driving) 5 steps sequence, due to the wonderful uconnect touch 4.3 (aka POS).

The manual says it's to prevent fogging but

1. that's bullshit and
  2. I know what are the conditions that could cause fogging and I manage to avoid using the recirculation by myself in those cases.