Difference between deluxe splash guard & flat molded splash guards

• 2 months later...

Could you post a link to the deluxe splash guards? Are they a Mopar product? I am aware of the flat molded splash guards, but not the deluxe ones.

I know that only FRONT flat molded splash guards are available for the 2012-2013 Journey. Front and rear splash guards are available for the 2009-2011 Journey, but according to my dealer (who contacted Chrysler about this to double check), the rear splash guards do not fit the 2012-2013 Journeys.

There's also the extremely slim possibility that Chrysler is wrong about this. Has anyone successfully installed the 2009-2011 rear splash guards on a 2012 or 2013 Journey?

Edited by EBK

• 1 month later...

At autotrucktoys.com, they offer MOPAR OEM splash guards #M82210996 front and #M82210997 rear for 2012 Journey. I have owned my 2012 AVP for only 5 days so cannot comment on the fit. I was hoping to add these to my vehicle. Check them out and let me know what you think.

• Official Dodge Support

If they are listed at Mopar.com then they should fit. If they are not then I have to assume they do not fit or some alteration may be needed to make them fit properly. I see many sites that claim they fit for certain model years when they do not.

Edited by DodgeCares

• 1 month later...
Could you post a link to the deluxe splash guards? Are they a Mopar product? I am aware of the flat molded splash guards, but not the deluxe ones.

I know that only FRONT flat molded splash guards are available for the 2012-2013 Journey. Front and rear splash guards are available for the 2009-2011 Journey, but according to my dealer (who contacted Chrysler about this to double check), the rear splash guards do not fit the 2012-2013 Journeys.

There's also the extremely slim possibility that Chrysler is wrong about this. Has anyone successfully installed the 2009-2011 rear splash guards on a 2012 or 2013 Journey?

The molded splash guards are three dimensional (not just a flat piece of material) and have the word "DODGE" molded into the back surface in raised letters. Much "sharper" looking than the plain jane flat guards.

There was a change made to the Journey's dimensions between the '10 and '11 years. What fits an '09-10, will not fit an '11-13 Journey, at least the rears. I don't know what the part numbers are for the '09-'10 Journeys because I have a '13 and, to be honest, Mopar didn't list anything for the '13s at the time I ordered mine. I got mine off eBay from a Dodge dealer (King's) that listed the fitment as being "officially" for the 2011-2012 Journeys (all models) and "unofficially" as fitting the 2013 Journeys. I ordered a set and they do, indeed, fit the 2013 Dodge Journey, so, I'm going to assume that King's is correct in stating that the front and rears fit the 2011, and 2012 models as well.

The part # for the fronts: 82210996AB (Mopar Number)

http://www.mopar-accessories.com/en-US/82210996AB/partinfo.aspx?DivisionId=2&VehicleId=40&Year=2012&CategoryId=1003&GroupId=2036&SubGroupId=3166&pc=76482

The listing shows it being the flat splash guard; the part number and the picture are, in fact, the Deluxe Molded Splash guard. Mopar needs to fix their listing along with the years applicable. It doesn't surprise me that even the dealerships wouldn't be able to find a listing for them...unless you know the part number you wouldn't find them; the same with the rears. It is a wonder that there aren't more errors, with the changing of existing models and the addition of new models, it must be a nightmare trying to get the web listings updated and the new listed without errors.

The part # for the rears: 82212865 (Mopar Number)

http://www.mopar-accessories.com/en-US/Dodge/2012/Journey/partlist.aspx?DivisionId=2&Year=2012&VehicleId=40&CategoryId=1003&GroupId=2036&SubGroupId=3163

The link for the rears mention only the 2012, however, from what I found out when searching for them, they also fit the 2011 and the 2013 and that is the number from the Mopar package that mine came in and they were a perfect fit on my 2013 R/T.

The above numbers are for the "high end" molded deluxe splash guards...relatively easy to install, took me about 45 minutes for all 4 wheels and they do look sharp.

Hope that helps those in a quandry about what fits what and the correct part #s for 2011-2013 Dodge Journeys are for the Deluxe Molded Splash Guards from Mopar.

Edited by webslave

For Christmas, my son & daughter-in-law bought me a set for my 2012 SXT. I got 82210996AB (front) and 82210997AB (rear). When I had looked it up, the Mopar/Dodge site had a different part # listed for the rear (82212865). I installed them and they fit perfectly. The only slight issue is that when installing the screw that fits vertically from underneath, you have to screw it in at an angle to make sure it screws into the bumper. Just a minor issue. By the way, they look great and do a good job.

If anyone is interested, they were purchased from www.moparpartsworldwide.com for $34.76 (front) and $38.29 (rear). Shipping was $6.30. Seems like very good pricing.

Bruce