Anyone know if there is a TSB on keyless entry??

Our Keyless entry works intermitantly the past 2 days it would not unlock the doors. I had to use the old fashioned key which set the car alarm off. I took the Journey to the dealership they were looking the problem with Chrysler Engineering department in Sterling Heights, Michigan

I will let every know if there is a TSB

• 3 months later...

I just got my Journey about a month ago, I have been having a lot of problems with it. My keyless entry will make the alarm go off sometimes when I just push the unlock button and while the alarm is sounding the key fob is disabled. I have to pull out the regular key unlock the door, when I insert the fancy key in the ingnition, the alarm disables and goes back to normal. The dealership said there was a TSB on this problem, and changed the receiver module, which is what I told them to do to begin with, but they had to wait for Chrysler to authorize it. It stopped the problem until yesterday, it did it again. I am pretty sure the same module is going out again. Before they changed it, the problem occured every other day, after it was replaced two weeks went by before it happened again. I am bringing it in Monday.

Other problems are, the engine has a sucking growling noise at around 1800-2000 RPMs during slight acceleration, very annoying, they can't figure that one out? Another noise coming from the rear left suspension, squeak or creeky noise, very loud, they can't fix that one eihter. They said wait until it gets worse. This is a brand new vehicle, I am very disappointed in it. Worse buy every.

Steve

I haven't had those problems yet but I have sensed my brakes weren't working quite right. I took the van in today and they said they were working normal but not fully broken in yet, whatever that means. Keep us posted if you don't reach some satisfaction in case there are others with the same problems you're having.

No problems here with the keyless entry but I have set the alarm off or opened the doors by sitting the wrong way and activating the buttons with it in my pocket.

We are taking it in tomorrow re the brake warning light. No issues with braking etc but I think it is that sensor issue that has been commented on elsewhere. other than hat we are happy with the car overall.

The Stewie

• 5 months later...

I have had the same problem with the key fob activating the panic alarm and then disabling the key fob, so having to use the "secret" key to open the doors. Even then, after starting the car and turning it off again, the alarm continues to sound. Pressing the panic button after about 30 seconds has elapsed will turn the alarm off. I contacted my dealer but they had not heard of the problem before (I am in Alberta, Canada). This is a vehicle that was ordered in late October and delivered on Dec 19th, 2008. According to the other posts here, this was a known problem several months ago, yet it persists even now.

Does anyone who has had this problem rectified, know what the TSB number was?

Thanks folks!

Miles/..

Yuck! Picked up the car from the dealer today and they said they could not see any problem with the key fobs. They ran StarScan on it and nothing was showing up as in error, so they handed it all back to me and advised me to come in again next time it fails again. Sigh!

I also had a problem with water leaking from the sunroof, through the sunglass holder in the overhead console - which I know is the subject of a TSB as well - they said they checked the drain tubes and all was routed correctly, so again, there was nothing they could fix. I hope that was a one-off where ice had maybe formed from condensation and then quickly melted and overflowed the drain - I guess I'll hafta wait and see.

Miles/..