A letter "i" has appeared in the control panel

WheelsintheSky

We have a 2012 Journey. This light that popped up is an "i" but the dealer keeps calling it an exclamation point...but I'm not dyslexic. Anyone know what it means because they have no idea.

It is an exclamation mark and it means you have low tire pressure in one of your tires. If your dealer did not know this then Bramfrank was correct in calling them an idiot. :D

• Official Dodge Support

We have a 2012 Journey. This light that popped up is an "i" but the dealer keeps calling it an exclamation point...but I'm not dyslexic. Anyone know what it means because they have no idea.

Wheels,

If it is an exclamation point that looks like it is in parentheses with a line under it then that is indeed your tire pressure light indicating a low tire inflation. It is supposed to be a tire with a exclamation point in it but it can be hard to make that out as such.

no, it's really a single italicized i <---Just like that, that appears in the top right hand corner, right under the temperature. it's an indication that there is a new message in the messages section of the EVIC, as Bramfrank mentioned. If you want to see for yourself, try turning off the DJ while not in park :)

cheers!

Steph S.

Edited by Psyke

no, it's really a single italicized i <---Just like that, that appears in the top right hand corner, right under the temperature. it's an indication that there is a new message in the messages section of the EVIC, as Bramfrank mentioned. If you want to see for yourself, try turning off the DJ while not in park :)

cheers!

Steph S.

Okay that would explain the i so I would assume that he discussed it over the phone or something with the dealer because there is no way you can mistake that for an exclamation mark.

Edited by Journey_SeXT

yeah

We took it to the dealer and left it. They called us and told us it wasnt lit up any more when they checked it..They washed the car and checked the tire pressure. No message now when I checked.

yeah, once the car is turned off, the message clears, unless it's something serious or repeating. Turning off in park for me always clears after I shut off.

• 7 months later...