UConnect 4.3 not turning on

Hi,

I had a problem recently. The UCOnnect Touch display screen didn't turn on so, everything that works with the Uconnect touch (radio, climate, settings, etc..) were not active. I couldn't use my A/C which was a problem since it was more than 100 degrees outside.

After a couple of start/stop and pressing on every button I could find, it finally turned on again. Did it ever happen to any of you?

No I didn't turn the screen off. As Lebowski said, the physical buttons would have worked in that case.

One thing I noticed though, is that the ventilation fan started for a sec or 2 then shut down because it couldn't access info from the Uconnect device.

The wife's UConnect is being a dick too.

Won't recognize voice commands now, volume shoots up on its own at start up, and Bluetooth won't connect (automatically) if iPhone isn't connected thru USB.

Oh, and to listen to pandora from MY iPhone, I have to plug it in, disconnect and plug it back in to get sound out of it.

Idk... It's not looking good.

My Chinese special mygig on the GC hasn't had any issues like this.

I know about the TSB, haven't had time to take in my 2 month old car to the dealer... 😠😒

• 4 months later...

This has happened twice to me. The first time, turning off the engine and restarting it helped. This lasted a couple of weeks, then it went black on me again. This time nothing has been able to get it back. Been able to still use the hard keys for A/C, defrost, etc but no radio for now. Trying to find a solution I can do at home before I resort to taking to the dealer. I'm kinda skeptical on getting a FW or SW update. Going to try disconnecting the battery tonight when I get home to hopefully do a reset. Also want to try removing/replacing the fuse but I'm not sure which one to remove. Any info? Ive seen others have done that but there is no main uconnect system fuse, just separate ones for the radio, cd player, etc.