Will these wheels work on my new 2012 R/T?

hs100

Hi, I'm new in the forum. I just ordered a 2012 R/T which will be delivered in June.

While I'm waiting to get my Journey, I've been looking for a good deal for winter tires and found a set of almost new 225/65-17 Blizzak DMV1 on steel wheels with TMPS sensors which came off a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan.

Wheels are 5-127 pattern and seem to be generic steel wheels.Tires are like new as were only used for a couple of months. Price is 1/3 of a new set so it is a great deal.

Questions:

- Will this set of wheels work on my R/T? I don't think that the wheels are hubcentric.

- Will the TPMS sensors that were used on the 2008 Grand Caravan also work on the Journey?

post-5414-0-50224500-1335321019_thumb.jp

Edited by hs100

Yes, but the 17" option for the journey is 225/65/17. For all intents and purposes, these wheels should be fine, however I was just reading in other posts that the '12 RT AWD have larger brakes than ther other versions (including the FWD RT), so going down to a 17" rim might be difficult, so like 2late4u says, check with your dealer. Personally, I'm looking at the same tires with some alloy wheels from tirerack with the same dimensions. Wanted to get steel wheels, but didn't have any for the journey... *shrug*

• 1 month later...