Did option package for Navigation system change between 2011 and 2012

doubleO7

While waiting for my Journey to arrive, I browse the Dodge Journey ads (2011 and 2012) in Autotrader. and came accross an interesting ad.

A 2011 Journey R/T is equipped with Navigation package, but it doesn't appear to come with Bluetooth or Voice recognition. See attached photos. Steering wheel controls missing and onsreen phone not present in display.

For those with 2011 R/Ts that have Nav, was Bluetooth and Voice recognition still opitonal in addition to the Nav package? I just haven't seen one listed before that has Nav but not the other two, so I'm just curious.

post-5250-0-81322900-1334188312.jpg

post-5250-0-15060400-1334188356.jpg

Yes, it was possible to have NAV without Bluetooth. Had something to do with Chrysler having changed the way dealers ordered Bluetooth for the 2011 model. It became a separate option that many dealers were not aware of at first, so you had many 2011's with no bluetooth but it was definitely possible to have NAV and no Bluetooth as well. I saw many like this on dealer lots in early 2011.

Thanks drb227

I'm glad that they got it straight for 2012. I wonder how many people thought they were going to get the Bluetooth and Voice Recognition with Nav package and didn't, because of how dealers were to order these options. I would have been ticked off, thats for sure.

Yep, I've got one of these 2011 R/T's you're referring to. It was because the dealers didn't understand that "UConnect" no longer was the bluetooth option, but actually referred to the 8.4n system. "Bluetooth with Voice Command" was a seperate $300 add-on option that no dealers ordered because they thought the UConnect system meant it already had it. When I purchased my Journey, not one of the six dealers in my area had a Journey in stock equipped with Bluetooth. To top it off, that was around the same time as the Japan quake so there were paint and parts shortages so to order one in would have meant that I couldn't get black or probably the 8.4 system. It was a trade off. In the end, I don't actually miss it much. I've had the vehicle a year and I'd be lucky I've made more than a handful of phone calls while in my vehicle.

Yep, I've got one of these 2011 R/T's you're referring to. It was because the dealers didn't understand that "UConnect" no longer was the bluetooth option, but actually referred to the 8.4n system. "Bluetooth with Voice Command" was a seperate $300 add-on option that no dealers ordered because they thought the UConnect system meant it already had it. When I purchased my Journey, not one of the six dealers in my area had a Journey in stock equipped with Bluetooth. To top it off, that was around the same time as the Japan quake so there were paint and parts shortages so to order one in would have meant that I couldn't get black or probably the 8.4 system. It was a trade off. In the end, I don't actually miss it much. I've had the vehicle a year and I'd be lucky I've made more than a handful of phone calls while in my vehicle.

I probably won't use it that often either, but we have a law here in BC, that you cannot use your cell phone unless you have a bluetooth device. I just got tired of having to use the bluetooth device. It would turns itself off after so many minutes of non-use and that feature was not adjustable, so I kept having to turn it on just incase, this got tiring, so when the boss (the Mrs) said go with what options you want, I ran with it, before she changed her mind.happy%20feet.gif