New Journey Owner

Journey Guy

Hello!

Just became a new Journey owner, and love it so far. I'm sort of embarrassed to say it, but it was the first and only car I test drove while shopping for a new car. There were 4-5 different cars I wanted to look at, but the day I walked on the Dodge dealer lot, they had a 2012 Dodge Journey Crew with 3rd row seat and leather that was pre-owned (why the previous owner didn't like it, I don't know why) and had only 1500 miles on it. Because it was used, and had a small ding on the driver side rear wheel-well, they were pricing it about $8K less than a non-used 2012. I test drove it, and fell in love. Too good a deal to pass up!

The only thing I'm not crazy about are the 19" chrome clad wheels. I was really hoping to swing a deal to replace these with the 10-spoke aluminum wheels, but no luck. If anyone is in the opposite situation and would like a swap and live in the Washington DC area, let me know.

We just picked up a new '12 Crew this past Monday to replace our 4 year old Caliber, and love it. The interior is gorgeous/spacious and having the flexibility of the 3rd row seatin is fantastic. We had test driven both the Journey and the Caravan, and while they shared the same engine and other mechanicals, the journey won hands down. Like you, the one thing I didn't really care for were the Chrome 19's. I also tried to get them to drop that option, particularly when trying to find tires for them were like a treasure hunt (and an expensive one at that). I'm going to drop down to 17's when I get winter tires, and then start looking at 17's rims for the following spring.

Cheers!

Steph S.

My experience is about the same as your in regards to vehicle test drives. I ended up just testing the Journey, as the salesperson let me have it for an hour to put it through its paces. Not to say I didn't do a lot of research before hand. I've dealt with this dealer for close to 20 years, and am treated very well, so this had a bearing on my decision as well.

When it came down to going out and test driving, currently owning a Dodge Grand Caravan, which has been absolutley reliable, I was going to gvie Dodge the first go. All it took was that one hour test drive and I was sold. as ar1rfc says it offers great value. To get the same equipment in other makes, would have added thousands to what I wanted to spend.

However, I chose to factory order an R/T, as they didn't quite have what I wanted in stock. Most were fully optioned out, and I didn't want to pay for things I didn't want or need. eg: chrome clad wheels . The chrome clad wheels look great and if they came standard on the top model, I would have taken them, just wasn't willing to pay extra for them..

Edited by doubleO7