Not very Happy!!!!

caperinmuskoka

Well hear is my story....

Ordered the factory Mopar/Dodge hitch back in Nov 2011 when I bought the new 2012 Journey R/T AWD here in Ontario Canada, After the brand new Journey came with the trailer tow prep package ......But no hitch???

So that's alright...I got over it.........So when I did the first oil change, I told the service Dept. to put the hitch on ....No trouble, They did the oil,filter, hitch, 4-pins plug (which was just ty-wrapped onto the large 7-pin hole opening, looks alfull for a brand new 2012....IMO........................

Now today March 24, I went to use my trailer for the first time ...And guess want .......NO POWER AT THE 4-PIN PLUG.......I am P'-off.

Why is it so hard for the dealers to keep up

I checked the 20 amp fuse and it is there.

So if anybody gets a Brand new Dodge ride with the trailer tow prep package, Don't leave the sales lot thinking your ready to tow...You may need to go back again to install the hitch and wiring hardness and then go back a second time to activate it!!!

.....Caper.........

Edited by caperinmuskoka

Yes you would think they know that much......Wonder if I should ask them to make sure the oil cooler is activated also???

....LOL.....

We have a touch screen that turns on the 120 volt outlet(at the rear)....So why not have the trailer 4-pin plug on there also to turn on.............I guess that would be way to simple.....Caper.......