Stick Shifter Sticking

dodgemommaz

I took my 2011 Journey in last week when I noticed a few problems...First was my stick shifter getting stuck on the way back when i wanted to put it in drive. It gets stuck right around the bend @ Reverse. Then I noticed (after jiggling it and getting it in drive) a POP-CLUNK from the front end. Of course at this point im thinking transmission. Anyway....I take it in, they say the clunk was from 2 transmission mounts improperly torqued..they fix it. Then the guy tells me that the shifter is just like that i should press it towards the left when putting it in gear....so im like ok. Well guess what IM NOT OK with that actually so im taking it back. I would just like some thoughts from you guys/gals. is this a common issue?

Good to hear your gettting results.

Always a clincher when you can do a comparison

with similar vehicle that they have for sale.

If you find a good dealer/service treat them like gold

because if you go by forum posting they can be

far and few between.

• 2 weeks later...

Went back for the 4th time last week, they finally had all the parts. (apparently when they replace the shifter thing -$100- they also need to replace the knob..the knob is sold separately and they didnt know this) Anyway, this place seems really great, friendly, always had coffee, juice, cakes, cookie and brownies for you to snack on..important when you bring a 3 year old along. On top of getting them to do my state emissions/safety inspection...i up'd my ante and said "so i get a free oil change, for coming back 4 times right?". ;)

Good to hear you have it resolved.

What causes the most frustration for owners is the repeat

trips,most dealers don't stock many of the odd once in a while

parts in an attempt to hold inventory,storage and finance

costs down.

New vehicle parts are destined for the assembly line and

with just in time delivery only a very small % make it to

parts inventory reserve at any given time.

• 8 months later...
  • Official Dodge Support

Im having this issue on my 2012 journey. Has anyone else experienced this yet?

Todd,

I could find no service bulletins on this issue which leads me to believe it is not a common problem. I suggest having the dealer take a look to identify the problem and resolve it. If the dealer is not resolving the issue or states that it is normal operation then I would suggest contacting Chrysler direct. Numbers below.

800-992-1997 United States

800-465-2001 Canada

• 1 year later...