LED Retrofit

• 2 years later...

I did the same thing to our SXT that had all incandecent on the inside, so I replaced the front two reading lamps the middle dome lamp and both liftgate bulbs as well. When going to see the angle as well for the license plate bulbs I realised my socket was melted. did this happen to any of you? Here is my post I started with my issue.

My issue

• 1 month later...

I replaced the dome and liftgate lights in my 2010 with LED festoon bulbs, which work well. However I found out that they used 194 wedge-type bulbs in the two map lights in the front ceiling console. I ordered LED bulbs for those, but they only work when a door is opened. When you push the lens to turn them on, they don't work. I suspect it's something with the way Dodge did the switch wiring. Has anyone found a way around this?

I added the led lights for the tailgate on my 2010 SXT AWD. I also added led license plate bulbs, converted the headlight low beams to HID 6000k and changed the grille over to the 2011 edition. My next project is to add led lights for the tail lights, turn signals and park lights. I do work at a dodge dealership part-time and i know if you add the sales code LBQ and perform and vehicle restore config. it may work. I will attempting this over the Holiday to see if in fact it works. I will let you all know.

Update:

The factory led taillights that are on the 2011 and 2012 will not work on the 2009 and 2010 due to the electrical connectors are different. I am not going to attempt to splice a new connector and hope it will work. If someone has done this already please let me know.

Edited by Adam Fredrickson_4937

Update:

I did install led bulbs for the rear taillight and performed a vehicle restore. It did not change and still saying "xx brake light out". If anyone has another way, please let me know.

Also I did order a 35w HID kit for the fog lights and installed super brights for the highbeam bulbs from Harbor Freight Tools. These are almost like hid in color.

• 8 months later...

The standard incandescent bulbs in the tail gate were really bugging me. Every other interior light was LED but for some reason Dodge cheaped out on the tail gate lights. I found the name of these lights ??"festoon"?? ??"canbus"?? on the forums. I found 4 SMD ones cheap on Amazon.com (not on .ca) and was about to order them but they wanted $21 shipping for $4 worth of lights. I turned to Ebay and found 8 SMD ones shipped to Canada for less than $10. I would say that the 8 SMD ones are about right, could have gotten 4 or 16+ but I'm happy with the 8's.

Installation was easy. Lens pops off with a flat screw driver, lights pop out of the clips (careful, they get hot quickly), had to squeeze the clips together a little before snapping in the LED's.

Big difference in the light, looks much better now.

PART INFO:

42mm 8 SMD 5050 LED Pure White Canbus Festoon Dome Roof Light Lamp Bulb 12V - x2

gallery_5929_133_593778.jpg