2012 Journey Crew accessory questsions

Jod

I have a 2012 Dodge Journey Crew FWD with the 8.4 UConnect system. I have two questions regarding accessories.

1. Has anyone come across seat covers for a 2012 Journey yet? A couple of parts suppliers I deal with say that no one is offering covers for the 2012 model yet. The 2011's are different because of armrests & airbags.

2. This vehicle does not have the backup camera or Navigation. The camera does not interest me, but I'm curious as to what it would take to add the navigation to the existing Uconnect system. Has anyone done this or know whats involved to add it?

Thanks in advance for any help.

1. The seats are different? That's news.

2. There are topics on the subject, but I strongly suspect that it would be cheaper to trade in the vehicle and get a new one.

Just hang a navigator from the windshield above the rear view mirror and have someone run the power up into the headliner through the front pillar so there's no hanging wire. Garmin's 3490 or 3790 are both excellent candidates. They come with lifetime map updates ands traffic as well.

Edited by bramfrank