Brake Pedal "Clicking" on 2011 Journey Mainstreet

Not sure where to post this but because of this ongoing problem, this may be the last Chrysler product I own. And I'm a Chrysler retiree with 34 years of dedicated service!!

On my 2011 Journey, when you rest your foot on the brake, like when approaching a traffic light and you ease-up then apply light pressure, the pedal "clicks" which is quite annoying. It can be heard across the entire front dash.

I have had two dealers in the Detroit area look at it and BOTH tell me it's normal. I am no mechanic and I'm not hard of hearing but in my years of buying 20-some Chrysler vehicles, not ONE of them had a brake pedal that clicked--especially one that cost this much!!

On my latest service quest, I even had the agent pull up another Journey (it was a 2012) and with the car it drive the braking was smooth as glass...NO CLICKING.

I still think it has something to with the safety features built into the start feauture where you have to apply the brake to start the car. But...these flunky service people fail to recognize it.

Anyone else having this problem?

I will have check mine tomorrow but the only click I

hear when applying the brake is the PARK position

locking solenoid releasing.

I have not paid attention to it when actually driving

and I always assumed it only actuated when in PARK and

you apply the brake.

Try opening the center console in park and touching

the brake pedal and listen for it.

I am not sure about the DJ but my 07 Caliber was loud and

if the PARK position interface cable was out of wack the

solenoid did funny things.

• 1 year later...

I will have check mine tomorrow but the only click I hear when applying the brake is the PARK position locking solenoid releasing.

Try opening the center console in park and touching the brake pedal and listen for it.

I am not sure about the DJ but my 07 Caliber was loud and if the PARK position interface cable was out of wack the solenoid did funny things.

Interesting this just started with me tonight. 2012 Crew, had for about two weeks now. In Park, press the brake pedal and CLICK. Lift center console, it's louder. Place my hand on the USB port and I can "feel" the CLICK. It's ok when I drive and brake.

So what do you think it might be?

Matthew