2009 MyGIG REU Unit Stopped Reading CDs/DVD's...

So my MyGIG REU unit just stopped reading CD/DVD media. Everything else works fine but the kids are getting pissed that they can't watch movies in the back anymore. I've called the local dealership and of course they want a FORTUNE to replace the unit. Anyone know of ANY aftermarket parts places that I might be able to find a replacement unit? I've search everywhere on Google and ebay and haven't been able to find ANY at ANY price.

Oh, and I've already tried cleaning the lens and so forth.

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

eBay is probably your best option for finding one at an affordable price. You just have to keep an eye open for one. Anything with nav in it is going to be expensive though. I saw a used REU unit on eBay recently for $700. Not cheap, but WAY less than the dealer is gonna charge. They can be tough to find since the Journey is the ONLY model that uses that particular setup.

Failing that, you may be able to do a search online for someplace that repairs them. I found this one (although I have never used them myself, so I can't say if they are any good or not):

http://www.oemautopartsco.com/index.php?main_page=repair_services

Hope that helps.

you may want to look at aftermarket. try Crutchfield, they have units that will fit in an 09 Journey. Also look at possibly dropping the nav and getting a REN unit (that's what I have). If you go ebay, make sure your get a HIGH speed bus. Low speed wont work.