Interior fit around front window

jaymista

I was looking at the front of my journey today from the outside and I noticed something showing up along the pillar post in the front window that made me curious. It was like a one-eighth to a quarter inch of a light material that one should not be able to see from the front outside view. When I got in the journey, I found that the material running up the pillar post inside was not held in very effectively, sort of buckled out and that is what could be seen from the front outside view. Has anyone noticed this and can anything be done about it? It was as if a clip maybe meant to hold the material was missing.

That would be the same thing but I am talking about the parts that comes down on either side of the front window which hides the pillar posts. I am going to bring it to the attention of my dealer and see if there is anything that can be done. Maybe I am being too fussy but down the road, who knows how this stuff will look after the sun's heated it and it has been jiggled around from vibrations.

Well, my passenger side pillar support molding was hanging OFF at the top where the pillar meets the headliner. I tried to pop it back on, as I could see where it snapped together, but the male snap was noticeably misshapen so I took it back to the parts shop at my dealer and the parts manager had to order new clips for it. I just got a call that they were in, so I gotta head back over there and get that replaced/fixed. Apparently the pillar support airbags are under there and the moldings need to release easy for the airbags to deploy. Course they are not supposed to DANGLE!

Xphyle

Thanks for this info guys. Now I understand. I am going to go to the dealer on Monday and see if they can follow up. As you say Xphyle, it looks misshapen and I can see the molding from the outside of my car and it looks like hell. This is one time the use of a forum sure pays off.

I was in contact with my dealer today and pointed out the problem. They said they have an "expert" interior fellow who will look after the problem the first time I bring my car in for an oil change. They thought there must be some kind of clip or clips missing that should hold the part in place.