Using iPhone with USB Cable

I drive a 2010 Dodge Journey SXT and have the navigation system build into the dash. Not touchscreen. Under the AUX input is a USB slot and my manual says I can connect in iPod mode to switch tracks and play through the car but when I connect with my iPhone cable it only charges. I have tried looking through every option and mode but when I plug the iPhone into the USB it only charges. It plays fine with AUX Cable but not with USB so I can switch tracks. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jordan

I need to ask you a couple of questions about your system to be sure.

Do you have in-dash 6 disk CD/DVD changer?

Do you have a separate screen mounted on the upper part of the dash?

On the lower right-hand corner of the radio do you see the letters R-E-U?

If you answered yes to these you have the model REU with remote screen on the dash. That model radio does not have Ipod control capabilities....at all. My wife has the same in her 2009 SXT.

Omar

• 10 months later...

2012 D0DGE JOURNEY /RT USB PROBLEM!!!

my usb port works with bothmy iphone and a usb stick (which i prefer) but recently its been cutting out after some times a few minuts to a few hours of use.

is this happening to anyone else its not even reading that there is a usb stick in there so i tried my phone an it wouldnt pick that up neather.....leading me to beleive its the port its self .

hoping unfortunatly this has happend to another and been resolved...let me know thanks