One of the features I am a little surprised is missing from the Journey is a compass readout. The owner's manual and DJ app make mention of it (compass calibration, etc.), but is it only available on the 8.4N on 2011 and 12 models? Or am I overlooking it? I have the 4.3S.

Edited by halofan.3

I have the 8.4N. The direction shows up in the upper portion of the EVIC. Also shows in the middle of the navigation icon on the screen. Not sure about the 4.3S, does it have navigation? The "N" in 8.4N means navigation. Not sure if that helps you, but at least a start on what to look for.

It does not have navigation. I do not have the direction showing up in the EVIC. So, either it does not have a compass, or something is out of whack. I'm leaning towards the former, but hoping to get confirmation...

• 2 weeks later...

Compass display definitely was in upper left corner of EVIC when I purchased my 2011 Journey with Uconnect touch 4.3s. It has since vanished from the display. Was told by local dealer "according to sales codes vehicle is not equipped with compass". Was told by Chrysler Customer Assistance Center a compass is in the vehicle. I am currently working with Chrysler to correct my issue.

• 2 weeks later...

if you want to know for sure that your vehicle came with it...

go to dodge website. at bottom under Support, click "contact us".

on that page, select "customer assistance".

in purpose for email, put "build sheet"

i always include the full VIN in the body and ask for the build sheet. they usually respond fairly quick. The build sheet has every sales code that was sold with your vehicle... everything but nuts and bolts.

as irony would have it... i dont see anything in my build sheet about a compass... and i have one.