R/T Rallye Specs

ZAC

I'll try and get a few pics of my R/T Rallye up this weekend. I haven't taken delivery yet, the vehicle is still with the dealer while they find out why the seats didn't have the R/T stitched into the seat.

Well, I heard from the new car manager last night, the seat manufacturer didn't do any of the seats with the logo, just the red stitching, which is common to the Canadian Rallye and U.S. R/T models.

So, since this was in the brochures and I ordered the Rallye, with the R/T logo being one of the reasons I ordered that package, they will compensate me financially.

There is no Rallye badging on the Journey, so the only visible difference are the wheels, body colored door handles and grill with red stitching on the seats. I had the all black roof rack put on mine as I do make use of it. The salesperson put that in the deal at no extra charge.

So in summary, the Canadian R/T Rallye will look exactly like the U.S. R/T.

Did you have to argue much with your dealer to get the compensation? My dealer is only offering me a towing hitch at cost, which only saves me $50+tax. I told them thats not enough considering I ordered the Rallye in early March based solely on the brochure and what I was told by the sales guy, and there was no mention of the seat no longer being embroidered. In fact the sales guy read the same brochure too me and promoted that option as a nice feature of the upgrade.

So today I'm suppose to pick up the Rallye, but I've told them I won't be until I'm offered something better as compensation. I'd honestly rather have the correct seats, but considering all the Rallye models were made without them its going to be a hard fight to try and make Chrysler do a factory run to make one set of seats.

Has anyone else ordered the Rallye package on their R/T? This is a Canadian model only. These are just starting to arrive at the dealers. I haven't heard back from my dealer yet, but I am not taking delivery of my vehicle until I find out whether the seats will be replaced or I will get some financial compensation.

I got the Rallye a few weeks ago, no embroidered R/T in the seats, maybe i should ask why as well!

Did you have to argue much with your dealer to get the compensation? My dealer is only offering me a towing hitch at cost, which only saves me $50+tax. I told them thats not enough considering I ordered the Rallye in early March based solely on the brochure and what I was told by the sales guy, and there was no mention of the seat no longer being embroidered. In fact the sales guy read the same brochure too me and promoted that option as a nice feature of the upgrade.

So today I'm suppose to pick up the Rallye, but I've told them I won't be until I'm offered something better as compensation. I'd honestly rather have the correct seats, but considering all the Rallye models were made without them its going to be a hard fight to try and make Chrysler do a factory run to make one set of seats.

How can you say the hitch is only saving you $50.00 plus tax??

My was near $500.00 on my invoice to order a factory hitch when bought new.

.......Caper..

How can you say the hitch is only saving you $50.00 plus tax??

My was near $500.00 on my invoice to order a factory hitch when bought new.

.......Caper..

Sorry, I should have explained better. The dealer was offering me cost for the hitch (part only) to try and make up for not getting the R/T embroidered seats. The difference in price between Retail and Dealer Cost is $50.

Since then the dealer has made me a better offer and will install the mopar hitch for $292.68 total, price includes hitch and installation. I was offered this to compensate for not getting the R/T embroidered seats and I wouldn't accept delivery without something.

I still feel I didn't get enough compensation, but at the end of the day a hitch is more useful than letters on a seat.

Wow only $50.00 differance between cost and retail........I would have thought a bigger mark-up than that, Anyway may sure they do the "Sales Code programmed TIMP" to make the wiring harness active for you, instead of going back again to the dealer like I needed to do.........You will like the factory hitch....Caper.........

According to the web site as of this morning the retail price differential between the R/T and R/T Rallye is only $500 (surprisingly, retail price is now less than $30K) and the only differences noted are:

1. Body coloured door handles

2. Body coloured grille

3. No roof rack

4. Voice command is standard

From a value perspective, the lack of a rack is worth about $200 in credit, the radio about $400 extra - body coloured handles about $75 less and I can't comment on the grille.

This is very different from when I checked it on December 4. Link to that post: http://www.dodgejourneyforum.com/index.php?/topic/2769-rt-rallye-specs/#entry17296

Note that what I posted then was taken right off the Dodge.ca web site.

LOL the markup on the hitch is morethan $50, more like $100 atleast

So you're saying the dealer lied to me? I was told the retail price is $349 and was originally offered it at "cost" for $299.

According to the web site as of this morning the retail price differential between the R/T and R/T Rallye is only $500 (surprisingly, retail price is now less than $30K) and the only differences noted are:

1. Body coloured door handles

2. Body coloured grille

3. No roof rack

4. Voice command is standard

From a value perspective, the lack of a rack is worth about $200 in credit, the radio about $400 extra - body coloured handles about $75 less and I can't comment on the grille.

This is very different from when I checked it on December 4. Link to that post: http://www.dodgejour...ecs/#entry17296

Note that what I posted then was taken right off the Dodge.ca web site.

When I ordered mine in March the price difference (after manufacture discount of 2K on both) was only $500 and through some negotiation I ended up getting a Rallye at the same price as a R/T with the black roof racks included at no charge. Also, I think the body colored parts look better than the chrome looking parts, which was one factor in my decision for choosing the Rallye over the R/T. My only disappointment was the change they made to not do embroidered seats. This is my first Dodge and so far I'm lovin' it.

So you're saying the dealer lied to me? I was told the retail price is $349 and was originally offered it at "cost" for $299.

Yeah the cost is not 299........I'll try and remember to check on monday. I think my cost was around 250, and thats not dealer cost

Yeah the cost is not 299........I'll try and remember to check on monday. I think my cost was around 250, and thats not dealer cost

Thanks. This explains why I was able to get an even lower price for the hitch installed after I rejected the first $299+tax offer for the part only.

So is $292.68 total a good price for getting a Mopar hitch receiver installed?

This is why I never trust anyone in sales. Sorry to anyone who is in sales. But why is there a need to lie to people to sell them something? I understand there is a mark up and you're making a commission, I don't want to undercut someone to cost them their living, but don't lie just to make a sell. Based on this information I might never return to that dealer to buy another vehicle again, I'm stubborn like that. ^_^

It better not be, I even confirmed the Mopar part numbers with the parts manager and I have to wait for it to be delivered because its on backorder. So I pretty sure I should be getting the right one. I'll confirm again when I do bring it in to get it installed.

They did try to sell me an aftermarket at first which I only caught on to when I questioned the bumper cut out and was told they didn't have to cut the bumper.

• 3 weeks later...

I have an R/T Rallye on order, apparently it is sitting on a train in Montreal waiting to go to a local dealer then get swapped over to my dealer. (They forgot to mention the "train" part when they said there was one in Montreal).

I'll assume that the R/T is missing from the seats, any ideas how I should handle this? I was thinking of getting them to remove the cost of the roof rack from my bill. Or should I hold out for a seat swap if the R/T seats are available in the future.

I have an R/T Rallye on order, apparently it is sitting on a train in Montreal waiting to go to a local dealer then get swapped over to my dealer. (They forgot to mention the "train" part when they said there was one in Montreal).

I'll assume that the R/T is missing from the seats, any ideas how I should handle this? I was thinking of getting them to remove the cost of the roof rack from my bill. Or should I hold out for a seat swap if the R/T seats are available in the future.

I tried for the seat swap hold out but was told they couldn't do that for the same reason they can't swap all the 4.3 screens for the 8.4 for customers that purchased the nav package earlier in the year before the 8.4 was released. In the end I got a deal on a mopar hitch installed. I got it for approx. $300 (receiver, installation, tax included). I think the retail price on that is around $500-600+tax installed. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I take delivery tomorrow and it looks like they've included the rear DVD player for "free", guess I can't really complain then about the seats. Pretty good trade off though. Kids will be happy.

Well, I take delivery tomorrow and it looks like they've included the rear DVD player for "free", guess I can't really complain then about the seats. Pretty good trade off though. Kids will be happy.

The factory DVD is nice for the kids, and the two wireless headsets help keep things quiet. Also, you can watch the DVD on the 8.4 screen upfront when parked. Win/Win for everyone.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

There is no R/T stitching on the seats in Canada. Mine came with the roof rack. The only colour available was black on black with everything blacked out, even tinted windows. I haven't seen another one like it.

I see a storm grey one around, almost on a daily basis.

• 5 months later...