Decisions Decisions, but almost there

JetSmooth

I'm not seeing any mileage advantage with the 2.4. In the 8's on the highway ... city ... it's really hard to tell right now with winter idling. It grossly skews the numbers. Last check, it was reading in the 16s. No, not great for a 4cyl by ANY measure. All else being equal? Definitely go with the 6.

(Unfortunately, the price isn't the same between the CVP and the SXT!! And I couldn't squeeze any more out of the budget. It was between CVP 7 passenger and SE Plus 5 seater. Wife won on the 3rd row, ONLY due to the rear HVAC controls.)

I need to get used to you guys quoting your efficiency in kms and not miles. I was freaking out over 8MPG. That's like what a Hummer gets. haha.

I'm pretty sure I'll be very happy with the V6 in the SXT. I can be a conservative driver when I need to be. I'm hoping the EVIC will give me som good feedback on my driving and help me tone it down sometimes. Normally, I drive a little fast in the morning when I'm on my way to the train. It's 4:30am and there's nobody else on the road.

GAH! Got a call from my dealer. The SXTwe found in Pennsylvania isn't due to be delivered to the originating dealer until mid January. That won't do. We found one without UConnect (I'll install that later) for a bit less (obviously), but it's in New Jersey. 150 miles away. I told him to go after it and get it. Maybe I can have it by Thursday.

Did I mention I HATE car shopping?

I am trying how you can have Uconnect but not "BlueTooth" as the system

uses BT for phone connect.

Is it that you can have USB (Ipod) port with voice control but no phone?

This what Chryslers definition says:

uconnectâ„¢ phone

What it does:

Uses Bluetoothâ„¢ technology to provide voice-controlled wireless communication between the occupants' compatible mobile phones and the vehicle's onboard receiver.

New for 2009, the hands-free system automatically downloads up to 1,000 phone book entries from supported phones. The system also recognizes three languages.

Voice commands can manage onboard phone book entries, select radio stations and access voice mail. Voice memos can be recorded using the microphone that's integrated within the rear-view mirror

Three memos of up to thirty seconds each can be stored in the system. The hands-free option promotes safety, freedom, value and flexibility

Part of uconnect™ phone on select Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge vehicles is an iPod® interface, which allows an iPod to be plugged into the vehicle's sound system to play music through the vehicle's speakers, charge/recharge the iPod when the ignition is on, display artists and music choices on the radio and pause play when uconnect™ phone receives a phone call. The iPod can be controlled through the radio controls and the remote steering wheel switches (if equipped). The system uses a Universal Consumer Interface (UCI) connector located either in the glovebox or in the centre console, depending on vehicle model.

Confusing daffynition possibly.

Yes Yes, I keep messing up my terms.

So there's no post-delivery option for uconnect voice command (the bluetooth module)? I asked my dealer and he said he would check tomorrow to see if they could add it after the car comes in.

Either way, the SXT with flexible seating in the color I want is on the way to me tomorrow. Maybe they'll be able to add bluetooth later. If not, I have a headset.

Glad to almost be over with this experience and looking forward to actually enjoying the auto.

Out, darned spammer!

Well, we did the deal today. Had a hitch when I let the business off guy talk me into more warranty than we needed. But when my wife showed up to sign, he drew up a new deal. It wasn't pressure. I just sort of assumed I needed more than we needed.

So, I LOVE the color. It drove great. Can't wait to really get it out on the road tomorrow.

Now, to figure out how to play MP3s off the USB drive. I had a USB drive with some tune on it, but couldn't figure out how to get the mode to change to play off it.