Panoramic mirror obstructs rearview

nelsonclan,

I believe it's directly proportional to the location of the drivers seat. In my case I can still see the full rear view mirrow when the drop-down mirrow is deployed however I'm not a big fan of the image in that mirrow so only deploy it occasionally to make sure everyone who is supposed to be there is still there. I find it rather destracting and would not use it on a full time basis. It's the old love/hate syndrome in that some people will love it and others will hate it. I'm just kind of sitting on the fence.

Keith

nelsonclan,

I believe it's directly proportional to the location of the drivers seat. In my case I can still see the full rear view mirrow when the drop-down mirrow is deployed however I'm not a big fan of the image in that mirrow so only deploy it occasionally to make sure everyone who is supposed to be there is still there. I find it rather destracting and would not use it on a full time basis. It's the old love/hate syndrome in that some people will love it and others will hate it. I'm just kind of sitting on the fence.

Keith

I would agree with what you say, although, for us that are 6'2" or taller, there isn't much room for adjustment.

nelsonclan,

Keith

Keith, I'm with you. I'm sure that some people will find the panoramic mirror useful, I can't think of any usefulness for me. That little door will just stay closed.

I thought the panaromic drop-down mirror on the overhead console would be great for watching my kids in back while driving. But I have now come to realize that it blocks half my view out the rearview mirror. Not very safe, Dodge.

You must be taller than most people. :D

Don't know if you have the rear seat entertainment package, but the flip-down screen for that really blocks a good chunk of the interior rearview.

You must be taller than most people. :D

Don't know if you have the rear seat entertainment package, but the flip-down screen for that really blocks a good chunk of the interior rearview.

I'm 6'4 and have the seat adjusted to the lowest position, the panaramic mirror is seen in the rear view mirror but it does not obstruct my view out the rear window.

And about the video screen that total obliterates your rear view... I have a story! The video was on, my 2 boys had their headphones on watching a movie, I had my music turned on and noticed a car ahead pull over. I continued on, well another car pulled over... so now I clue in, since my rear view was blocked I glanced over to driver side mirror only to see a speeding cop, lights and siren flashing just about to pass me.

I felt like an idiot!