Access to Insight removed?

I've been keeping an eye on the production status of my Journey through the VOTS system as well as the Insight system. Today, when I tried to check the status through Insight, I get the following message:

Due to security reasons, the vehicle trace feature is available only through Chrysler DealerConnect Portal. Please use Chrysler DealerConnect Portal to track your vehicles or contact your Chrysler representative for further information.

Has this happened before and come back? Or does this mean that Chrysler has removed public access to the Insight system for good?

• Official Dodge Support

I've been keeping an eye on the production status of my Journey through the VOTS system as well as the Insight system. Today, when I tried to check the status through Insight, I get the following message:

Due to security reasons, the vehicle trace feature is available only through Chrysler DealerConnect Portal. Please use Chrysler DealerConnect Portal to track your vehicles or contact your Chrysler representative for further information.

Has this happened before and come back? Or does this mean that Chrysler has removed public access to the Insight system for good?

General,

They are making changes to that system. Unfortunately at this time only the dealer can look up your vehicle information via their system which is DealerConnect. I do not have a time frame on when it will be back and what functionality they are changing.

General,

They are making changes to that system. Unfortunately at this time only the dealer can look up your vehicle information via their system which is DealerConnect. I do not have a time frame on when it will be back and what functionality they are changing.

Thanks for the info, Chris. Of course Murphy's law would dictate that the system becomes unavailable the very week that my Journey is supposed to ship from the factory. I should still be able to see when it ships through the VOTS system, but I think the Insight system was the only way for a customer to track the movement of the vehicle after it ships. Maybe the VOTS system will start showing that info after it ships. I'll hope for that :)

• Official Dodge Support

Thanks for the info, Chris. Of course Murphy's law would dictate that the system becomes unavailable the very week that my Journey is supposed to ship from the factory. I should still be able to see when it ships through the VOTS system, but I think the Insight system was the only way for a customer to track the movement of the vehicle after it ships. Maybe the VOTS system will start showing that info after it ships. I'll hope for that :)

General,

Let me know if it shows you the info after ships as I have others asking the same question. Thanks...

Edited by DodgeCares

General,

Let me know if it shows you the info after ships as I have others asking the same question. Thanks...

Will do. Right now, it says that it's in the "Paint" stage. The expected ship date on the Insight system yesterday was 11/25, so I'm hoping it ships this week. The VOTS system does show future stages of "Shipment" and "Delivery", but I'm not sure there will be any details available when it's between those stages like there was with Insight. I'll let you know.

According to the VOTS system, my car has now moved to the "shipment" stage. The only stage left after "shipment" is "delivery". There isn't any information shown other than that fact that it's in that stage, so it appears that I'll be flying blind until it arrives.

I don't suppose there's any possible way to get Insight access restored for a couple of weeks so that I can track the shipment? It's really a bummer that they removed access to the tracking tool right before my car is shipping.

post-4429-0-48285600-1322494307_thumb.jp