Uconnect Screen went blank

Hello-

I was driving in town a few days ago when my screen just went blank. Not like I manually turned it off (which I often do), but blank like nothing showing. When I touched the screen, the "buttons" were still operational, I just couldn't see anything on the screen. Sound still worked. I stopped, killed the motor, restarted, and everything worked after that. Anyone experience this? Any ideas? Is this a symptom of a common problem for which there is a "flash"?

Anyway. . . Seems fine now. Just wondering. Thanks.

Peace.

Hello-

I was driving in town a few days ago when my screen just went blank. Not like I manually turned it off (which I often do), but blank like nothing showing. When I touched the screen, the "buttons" were still operational, I just couldn't see anything on the screen. Sound still worked. I stopped, killed the motor, restarted, and everything worked after that. Anyone experience this? Any ideas? Is this a symptom of a common problem for which there is a "flash"?

Anyway. . . Seems fine now. Just wondering. Thanks.

Peace.

Yes, I've had something similar a couple of months ago, only one time and only the GPS went blank. Much like you did, I have shut the engine off and re-started it and it all came back to normal.

Haven't had any problems since.

• 2 weeks later...

**UPDATE**

So today, everything is working fine; iPod plays nicely, cruise control is working perfect, and VR is working as it should. No idea what was going on yesterday. Anyone experience a short period of dysfunction like this? Anyway, not complaining, but it sure makes me feel like a problem is lurking. . .

Peace.

• 1 year later...

My screen went blank again yesterday. The weird thing is that the screen is operational. Its just black. This time I played with it a little. I was able to pause and restart the music (source iPod). Really weird. Anyway. . . Very intermittent. Doubt the service folks will do anything if they can't reproduce the blank screen. Restarted the engine at a red light. Fine since then. My 2 yr maintenance service is this month. I'll mention it.

Peace.