Adding DVD Screen

imateo44

So I have looked around the forums for a bit and it got me thinking. I saw the post about the 6 disk cd player that I have in my 2010 SXT and how it can play DVD's as well. I have checked on my deck and it is the style that you can add the screens to. I have made the connection cable and tested it out on one of my extra TVs that I had laying around the house and it all worked flawlessly. The question that I am wanting to ask is this. I have seen that some of the 2009's and 10's came with navigation, where as mine just came with a "mini glove box" (as I call it) Is there anyway that I can buy the center counsel surround without the navi screen in it so that I can put a monitor in the opening? If so, what size screen in the navi. If the answer is no, then I will have to break out the fiberglass and make something where the cubby is at now.

Another question, I forgot to test the screen with just the sirius on, but does the output show what is on the screen when you aren't playing a dvd?? (Like the title, artist, time, etc....))

Thanks for any advice or suggestions.

Matt

It sounds like you want to put a factory looking screen in the front seat? If that 's the case I think what you're looking for is in the diagram. Numbers 9 & 11. These are components from the model REU mygig with separate screen.

9 - 1GD10DK7AC

11 - 1MU05DK7AA

Here are the part numbers you'll need. Hope this is what you're looking for.

Omar

post-3547-0-18343500-1320413231_thumb.gi

It sounds like you want to put a factory looking screen in the front seat? If that 's the case I think what you're looking for is in the diagram. Numbers 9 & 11. These are components from the model REU mygig with separate screen.

9 - 1GD10DK7AC

11 - 1MU05DK7AA

Here are the part numbers you'll need. Hope this is what you're looking for.

Omar

Thank you for your help!!! I will give the dealer a call and see what they go in mind as far as a price for me.