HVAC controlls

Snow_Runner

My SXT AWD Journey ended up shipping with the ATC HVAC controls!!

If anyone remembers back in March when I was looking to order, this option was not available except on the R/T, and it was one of the features I really wanted to have. I went ahead with the order anyway, and oddly enough, it was in the vehicle.

The option list on the window sticker actually showed it as an option, of course with a price, but I didn't have to pay for it as I was already quoted the price before I ordered.

Did anyone else get the ATC???

Rick.

Hi Snow Runner,

My Journey has the ATC as well and I was expecting it. My understanding is that if you ordered the five seat version you received 2-Zone ATC but if you went with the extra seat you received 3-Zone Manual Temp. Control.

Anyway I like the ATC but my wife complains about the fan noise which has a different higher pitch sound than most vehicles. If you turn the fan down than it puts the system into manual mode. I don't think the fan is any noiser than other vehicles with ATC but just a higher pitch sound. When the ATC is switched to AUTO the fan tends to run at a higher speed than I would normally like.

We may be taken it on our first road trip this week-end to visit my daughter in Newmarket which is about a 1,000 Km return.

Keith

ATC is standard on the R/T and is part of the Premium Convenience Group on the SXT.

The Flexible Seating Group includes Rear AC with 3-zone Manual Control. The Premium Convenience Group upgrades your Standard AC to Dual zone Automatic Temperature Control, or with the Flexible Seating Group, to 3-zone ATC. That's why the Premium Convenience Group price goes up by $45 when you add the Flexible Seating Group.

My SXT AWD Journey ended up shipping with the ATC HVAC controls!!

If anyone remembers back in March when I was looking to order, this option was not available except on the R/T, and it was one of the features I really wanted to have. I went ahead with the order anyway, and oddly enough, it was in the vehicle.

Rick.

so Rick is it the full ATC or is it Automatic Air Conditioning as mentioned in the Premiuim Convenience Group?

can you take a picture and post it here or e-mail it to me?

I wanted the ATC but was only available in the R/T only, I sure hope this is true as I was REALLY dissapointed it was not available

I know Nicetrip what you are talking about but if you look at the pictures, the dash for ATC is different than the AAC (Auto Air Cond.) with Flex seating (7 seater)

Rob

Hey Rob, can you provide links to the pictures you're referring to so we can try to figure this out?

You are correct, that the A/C controls on SXT with rear seat but without Premium Convenince are not the Automatic Temp Control and are not the same as on R/T.

However, on the US site at http://www.dodge.com/en/2009/journey/interior/conveniences/ under climate control it says:

Automatic temperature control is standard on R/T and available on SXT.

It also says:

Tri-zone temperature control is available on SXT and R/T as part of the Flexible Seating Group.

So as far as I can tell, the you get the standard A/C controls on SXT unless you get the Premium Convenience Group, which gives you the same Automatic temp control as R/T. If you get Flex Seating, you get the rear A/C, either standard controls or Automatic temp control depending on your option choices.

Sure Nicetrip, here is the ATC in an R/T

med_gallery_30_2_30242.jpg

this one is full automatic temp. control

now the SXT

med_gallery_30_2_53090.jpg

this is the dash I think we are getting ( SXT AWD Entertainment Group II Flex seating,...etc)

med_gallery_30_2_146160.jpg

this one is Automatic Air Cond.

Still manual control for heat with 3 zone heating

Rick, which one did you get. I was hoping our SXT comes with the 1st picture. Heck, you may have a RARE SXT Journey or maybe they switched up the ATC for the SXT AWD. Or another senario, they ran out of the Regular controls and went with th R/T. I wonder now if you can just switch out the controls for full ATC. Yup here we go again brain working overtime :hysterical:

Looks to me like the Radio/NAV is different between the 2nd and 3rd pics, but the AC controls are identical.

Do you know where the 3rd pic comes from - i.e. what the exact option list was on the vehicle from which it was taken? I'd be willing to bet it is an SXT with Flex seating, and Entertainment Group II, but WITHOUT Premium Convenience Group, while the 2nd pic is from an SXT with Flex seating, but with neither EG2 or PCG. The presence or absence of NAV (EG2). The only way to get ATC in the SXT is with Premium Conv Group, which contains:

Remote Start System

UConnect® Hands-Free Communication

Heated Front Seats

Air Conditioning with Dual Zone Auto Temp Control

Automatically-Dimming Rearview Mirror w/ Microphone

Since your sig says you have ordered Premium Convenience Group, I guarantee you'll be pleasantly surprised when you get your Journey and it has the AC controls from the 1st pic.

you know what? Ever picture I have with the heated front seats, shows the ATC (All R/T's) but I do have one picture showing the SXT with heated front seats and ATC

I hope you are right as I wanted the ATC but did not want leather. It was a toss up, R/T with leather to get the ATC or the SXT without leather and no ATC. Hope everyone follws that :hysterical:

turning out to be a great week so far. Car being built and now this woooohooooo again. Thanks Nicetrip :mail:

Rob

How can you guys drive with all those dials and buttons? I only have a basic panel and I am having problems just understanding which set of dials is for what. I had a problem yesterday in that I couldn't get the back of the driver's seat to adjust to a different back incline. I kept using the lever on the side of the seat but it didn't work. I made an appointment with my dealer today so it could be repaired. A clerk in the dealer's office came out, opened the door to the car, and pointed out that there are TWO levers on the side of the seat, one for the incline and one for the lumbar support! While I was there, I got the clerk to show me how to open the hood but it took three demos before I caught on how to do it. He must have thought I was a slow learner but I said he had a bigger hand than I did and that is why it took me awhile to locate catch to open it.

So I can now adjust my seat and open the hood. All I have to do now is figure out how to set up the radio as the sound keeps coming from the right side of the car and there is too much bloody bass for me. By tomorrow, I'll have that mastered.

• 3 weeks later...

Got our Journey today, and I'm happy to report that the SXT with Premium Convenience Group and Flexible Seating Group does in fact have three zone Automatic Temperature Controls. Can't speak for the ones with Premium Conveniece Group without Flex Seating, but I'm sure it would have Dual Zone ATC.

Mine looks like the top picture above, but I have the MyGig radio, and of course the SXT's silver surround trim instead of the R/T trim.

Got our Journey today, and I'm happy to report that the SXT with Premium Convenience Group and Flexible Seating Group does in fact have three zone Automatic Temperature Controls. Can't speak for the ones with Premium Conveniece Group without Flex Seating, but I'm sure it would have Dual Zone ATC.

Mine looks like the top picture above, but I have the MyGig radio, and of course the SXT's silver surround trim instead of the R/T trim.

you know Nicetrip if you were closer, I'd give you a beer for the GREAT news. WOOHOO I will have my Full ATC,...giddy freakin up

Rob

Hey Rob, sorry for the delay in posting, but yes it does have the full automatic temp control. It is real nice when set to 'Auto' and you hit the remote start!!!! Nice and cool when you get in!!

The controls are the same as the first (R/T) picture. Too bad it doesn't have the black bezel. Maybe it can be ordered??

Rick.

Interesting pics you have there of the radio/ temp controls. The MYGIG forum link to the MYGIG site shows pics of all of the types possible I believe, in the cars if you need to look. They also have updates for each type and manuals too I think.

Our RT has everything except the Nav and rear dvd and it is different again. Our screen is at the bottom with the single cd/dvd behind it and without all the buttons for each disc i presume.

Whoever was having issues with the audio settings i hope you figures it out if you have the touch screen. Just press audio and the equalizer and balance buttons are there. The balance allows you to touch or drag a square to adjust sound within the car.

When our radio was replaced it came set up to the front right only. I can understand you complaining about the sound!!

The Stewie