e85 gas in the 2011 journey

omgitsme

The Pentastar can run E85 without hiccuping, but the 4 cylinder does not like it at all.

But ethanol is tough on any vehicle and provides significantly poorer mileage than non-ethanol gas. The reality is that ethanol is essentially 'filler' and reduces fuel economy by more than it's volume. In fact, given the cost and mileage differentials you'd be better off paying 15% more for undiluted fuel. Ethanol is hygroscopic and eats rubber. Ethanol burns hotter too, which does no good for the internals of your engine. The only beneficiaries in the 'corn fed fuel' business are the farmers - and it pushes up the cost of groceries, to boot.

We really should be lobbying government to get the corn out of our gas tanks.

All Pentastar (3.6 litre 6 cylinder) Journeys are E85 tolerant. AWD. FWD. Mekes no difference.

I just checked the gas caps of all the Journeys on the lot while I was at the dealer. The FWD models all have yellow gas caps that say E85. The AWD models all have black gas caps and say unleaded fuel only. I'm not saying it makes sense, but that's what I saw.