Turbo leaking oil in CRD

steond

Hello,

this topic will be more for european owners as I realised there is no diesel engine in the US and CAN. My story is long but I try to make it short. I went for inspection at 30.000km and was told that turbo is leaking oil and need to be replaced. The dealer even showed me pictures of hose coverd with oil. However, there was no spare turbo available and most optimistic time estimate was 15 days, which I could not wait, because I had to go for 1.300km trip. The dealer cleaned and tight it and told me should be good and get it replaced immediately at my destination. After 400km the malfunction indicator light (MIL) chimed and came on. I pulled over at nearest gas station and called for help. I was towed to the nearest dealer who was closed (sunday!) and got the hire car from privilege service to finish the trip. The local dealer called me a day after and told me everything is OK, just bad sensor. The privilege service delivered my Journey to the destionation country, checked once again and did not find anything, just tight the hose again!

I am overall very happy with the car and especially with the privilege service, haven't had any major problems until now. I can't fully trust my Journey since that happened.

Does anyone have a same or similar experience?