Speaker Upgrade Idea

How goes it Forum Folks?

I have an 09 Journey R/T Brilliant Black, Mygig REN, Infinity system w/subwoofer and VES. I'm wanting to improve my overall sound as other, more invasive, options for audio are researched. I've been reading on another forum about the mopar kicker speakers. I've read they make an amazing difference in sound quality with or w/o the infinity amplified system. From what I've learned they have 6.5 compenents, 77KICKER15 and 2way 6.5's 77KICKER10. Has anyone considered these as an option and what do you think?

Omar

Edited by 19InBlkJrny

i have the kicker replacements in my '07 Wrangler. Based on the Ininity system in my Wrangler... they definitely improve the midrange and the highs are a little brighter. (not harsh)

As for bass response... no.

The difference is very noticable, but it is not a miracle cure. Many others (in the jeeps) have had great experience with the aftermarket Infinity speakers and they love the results they got. Its a little out of my price range. I also replaced the factory Infinity sub with a 10" kenwood sub running at roughly 150 watts. still running the stock amp. some others have had less than wonderous experience with the replacement amps. those with an extra $500 in their pocket are springing for one of the compact 5ch amps on the market and replacing the factory amp all together.

b1pig

Thanks for the response brutha! I think I'm gonna get those speakers ordered as soon as I put the cash together! Oh and thanks for adding the part about the sub replacement, I've been wondering that since I found out my Journey had one. I got an old sony 10" sub collecting dust in my garage that's gotta sound a bit better than the infinity labeled crap that's back there. Thanks again for the response, and check out the NitroforumZ for more info on system upgrades.

Omar

• 1 year later...