Replacing a missing LUX badge

I forgot to mention a second issue in my previous post. The used 2011 Journey LUX that I've purchased is missing the LUX badge from the liftgate. Is this something that one can order online (I haven't been able to find anything at the Mopar site or anywhere else) and if not, would a Canadian dealer be able to do this even though the LUX model isn't sold in Canada?

Thanks

Doubtful. The LUX is known as the R/T in Canada.

How did the badge go missing? Fall off?

That's what I figured, I emailed Dodge US about ordering one from there but haven't heard anything back.

The car was a trade-in at a Ford dealer in the US. The badge was missing when they got it so they don't know what happened. I guess it just fell off.

That's what I figured, I emailed Dodge US about ordering one from there but haven't heard anything back.

The car was a trade-in at a Ford dealer in the US. The badge was missing when they got it so they don't know what happened. I guess it just fell off.

A trade in? On a 2011? Did the owner have the car for 6 months? Wonder why they dumped it.

A trade in? On a 2011? Did the owner have the car for 6 months? Wonder why they dumped it.

Ya it's not that uncommon to find used 2011 models of many cars in the US. A lot of them are former rentals that were sold at auctions but some are just trade ins from buyers who decided they didn't like the car for whatever reason.

Here is the part number that I was able to uncover for the LUX badge in the 2011 Dodge Parts list: 68089363AA I would recommend calling your dealer and providing that part number and see if they can pull it up... Otherwise, I'd look at some of those Mopar shops online and see if they can order the part.

Lastly, here is the name and phone number of a Dealership I dealt with for ordering accessories from the US and they were awesome:

Bosak Motors (Dodge Dealership in Merriville, IN)

Jim Jaeger - 219-738-2323

They do have an eBay store, so they do ship to Canada (I've ordered from them personally), so they should be able to source the badge and ship it up to you.

Edited by Armendegga

Great, thanks for the info. I actually had come across that part number after finding our Journey part numbers thread. I've checked with the dealer and they have ordered the part for me now.

There was confusion over whether or not my Journey ever had the LUX badge. At first both the dealer and Dodge US said that it did not, but then they looked at some other part of the original order and found that it was there (like it's supposed to be for all LUX models). It's possible that it fell off before it was even shipped to the original dealer I suppose. Either way I'll just have to pay for the part rather than having it covered by the warranty.

• 1 month later...