Looking for steel winter wheels? Might be an option.

derfnl

Called my dealer today looking for 17" steel wheels but they don't carry them. Gave me a number for a tire shop, and they were able to get me some info. He said Macpek makes wheels to fit the 2011 Journey (and they had them in stock). When I questioned him on the fitment and clearance he said that these are listed specifically to fit the 09-11 Journey and there weren't any notes or warnings or anything. His price was almost $90 each.

Bit of searching and I found this:

http://catalogue.macpek.com/auto-result-en.aspx?mi=7&m=JOURNEY&a=2011&d=17

The specs are: 17X71/2 5-5

So the Macpek part number for those wheels is X41753. Google that and found that CanadianTire carries them, their SKU is 09-5969-8. They list them for... $89.99 each... fawk! Next I'm gonna head to Costco and see what they have, now that I know what I'm looking for. Interesting that this same wheels fits the 04-06 Pacifica, 06-07 Grand Cherokee.

Does anyone know if these are the right fit?

If you go on the tirerack.com website and search for a 2011 Journey you can actually select a 16" winter tire & wheel package. The 16" steel wheels are $57 each plus $39 if you want the tire pressure sensor. It says the wheels will only be available 09/01/11 though. I think that's what I'll get to replace the 19" on my 2011 R/T. I'm gonna have them shipped to the border. WAY cheaper than buying locally.

How much is the shipping? I would think that with the shipping costs added in, there won't be much savings, if any, to be had?

That's my issue, no where here seems to carry a 16" and shipping from the US is crazy (especially being out on an island here) :). Was talking to a guy in automotive at Costco today and he said they will have 17" rims in the fall for $40-$50 each so I'll be going that way.

How much is the shipping? I would think that with the shipping costs added in, there won't be much savings, if any, to be had?

Shipping to Calais Maine ranges from $140 to $160. I priced a set of 225/70R16 Michelin Latitude Alpin on 4 steel rims with the 4 sensors installed and balanced and after all expenses (shipping, taxes, duty, pickup costs, etc) it all comes to around $1100 CAD. Just for the tires alone at my local Canadian Tire, it costs about $800 CAD with taxes. I figure I'll save at least $300.

Just to be clear, I'm not getting this shipped to me directly. I'm having it shipped to Ace HomeCenter in Calais Maine (www.kinek.com) and will go pick it up once it's arrived. I'm in Moncton NB so it's about a 3 hour drive each way but we're gonna make a little day trip out of it. My dad needs some tires too so we're gonna split the gas.

EDIT: I just noticed you're in NFLD...when you said island I assumed PEI. I can see that it wouldn't make sense for you to have it shipped to the border haha. Sorry can't help you there!

Edited by Dre