As per Chrysler Communications on Facebook there is an update available for Uconnect...

If you have a 2011 Chrysler 300, Dodge Journey or Dodge Charger with Uconnect Touch 8.4N (sales code RB5) or Uconnect Touch 8.4 (sales code RE2), the radio might be eligible for a FREE software upgrade: adds the ability to browse songs, use existing playlists & use the shuffle feature when certain Apple products are connected via the remote USB. You'll need the final 8 digits of your VIN to see if you qualify.

https://qna.extra.chrysler.com/rhb/uConnectTouchPlaylistRadioUpdate.do

:happy feet:

Sweet!!!

My Journey Qualifies! Doing the update as we speak!!

Edit: Update complete: couple notes:

- it still skips the last few seconds of each song.

- album artwork still doesn't show for some tracks.

- playlists work!!! They are accessed through the browse function.

- SHUFFLE ORDER ACTUALLY DOESN'T CHOOSE THE SAME ORDER REPEATEDLY!!!! Super happy about this one!!!

I can live with the first 2 issues, the 2nd two were the biggest issues I had and they are now fixed!

I am guessing this is how we would do a map update as well when/if one is available.

Edited by Armendegga

WOW thanks for that llink!

I wasn't even aware that there was a possibility to update UConnect ourselves.

Does anybody know if it fixes anything else? Does it fixes the infamous kmh / mph evic problem?

Will do the update tomorrow.

By the way, I have almoste NEVER seen a website so badly designed. I can't even think that chrysler is letting that out to public.

The kmh/mph issue is resolved through a flash update. I posted the info in the thread in the interior forum on the last page.

I've started following Chrysler communications on FB as a result of this post as that's where it was posted from :D Thanks @ SaskGuy!

Well to bad it is not related to the EVIC problem... but anyways its good news! :D

Will have to annoy chrysler mechanic (once again) about the EVIC flash. sighhh.

By the way, I have almoste NEVER seen a website so badly designed. I can't even think that chrysler is letting that out to public.

Be thankful they didn't wait for it to go through their web department...or it would be January before we saw this update... :)

I did the update this morning -- saw Album Art for the first time, ever! :)

The tracks that skipped before still skip, will try re-encoding as someone suggested.

Impressed with the upgrade -- C'mon Dodge -- let's get some more work and features happening! :)

It seems that the only item added in this update was playlist support for iPod/iPhone. The only fixed item that I can see is the shuffle no longer uses the same song order every time, which is good. They still have a lot more fixes to get done!