Is there a fuse for the plug?

Armendegga

so I pretty much have finished installing the hitch on my Journey. It's taken a few hours and many swear words lol

One thing I have found is I can't seem to get power at the trailer plug on the vehicle side. I've used mulimeters, plug testers and all are negative. I have the trailer tow prep package so I plugged the harness into the plug and assumed I would be good.

Is there a fuse somewhere? In looking at the owners manual it indicated there is...F127 I believe under interior fuses, however I can't seem to find an interior fuse box anywhere. In looking at the fuse box under the hood, there is no F127, and no mention of a trailer fuse.

Anyone come across this?

I have a 2011 R/T with the trailer tow prep - there is a flash update that the dealer needs to perform so that the harness works with the new LED tali lights. I had mine updated and it works fine. Just a heads up, the dealer will tell you that it is not covered under warranty...I had to call and complain directly to Dodge to have the dealership cover the cost of the upgrade...how it was not a warranty issue was beyond me, but that's how I had to get it covered.

Interesting. It's going in Friday for an oil change and for them to update the EVIC, and I also let them know about this issue as well, so we'll see what they say. I really don't understand how they can expect the consumer to pay for this because it has nothing to do with the consumer.... It's all equipment that came with the Journey, and as a result of their issue, not mine... I'll post back with what happens.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Well I will keep that in mind........I have the trailer tow-prep on my 2012 R/T and the dealer added another 475.00 on the invoice for the factory Mopar hitch(that I didn't get installed yet) which is on order. Will they perform the up-date flash as required?

I assume the price includes hitch and install,due to the fact the salesman said to me if the hitch was not in and installed on Sat do I still want to pick up the Journey, I told him I am in no hurry for the hitch as it's for my ATV's and would need it until Spring anyway. He told me to phone back within a week ......................If I want too long it might get installed on another one they sell. That's nice to tell me........LOL.....Caper...