16" OEM Rim Specs?

Armendegga

I've seen a few posts on here about users who are using 16s for winters (drb227 I know is one for sure). He mentioned he got his OEM, and I think I was reading in another thread that someone tried a 16" from CandianTire or something like that and it didn't fit... What are the specs of the 16" rim that will ensure it clears the caliper?

From what I understand they are 16x16.5, and the bolt pattern is 5x127... Reading something I think the offset is around 30-40mm.. Is there any other information I would need in order to ensure that the rim would fit? I'll talk to the dealer to get a price from them, but I'm not going to hold my breath on it being reasonable.

If anyone has a link on where to get them online that would be awesome too.

Thanks for any assistance anyone can provide.

Unfortunately, I don't know all the details of the wheel specs but if you order the 16" oem steel rims from the dealer for the 2011 Journey, you can be guaranteed that you have the correct rim. You then can get your 225/70R16 tires at your tire shop of choice. You could also ask your tire shop to order the OEM steel rims, which is what my tire shop does in Toronto. I do know that non-oem steel rims will have clearance issues around the brake calipers, which is why my tire shop only uses OEM rims for the Journey.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I think I am going to be looking for a retailer that offers the OEM rims... I spoke with the dealership today about the cost of the 16" rims, I was quoted $125 each for the steel rims.... Which is on sale from the regular price of $160 ohmy.gif

How is your search going? I am in the same process of looking for wheels for mine. I am reading the 99 Jeep Grand chreokee has the same wheel but am unable to fine the offset of the stock wheel on one. Aswell, I believe the Grand Caravan is the same but once again am not sure of the offset.

Please post what you have found.

Thanx

I recently bought a set of 16" rims for my 2011 R/T from a local tire shop for $58 plus tax each. The sales guy said the 2011 Journey was listed as a compatible model in their system so they should fit. I'm getting them installed tomorrow so I will let you know how it went.

Wheel specs,

16" +40mm offset

Backspaceing 5.43"

Lug pattren 5x127 = 5x5"

What I have found is 08 up Grand Caravan uses the same wheel

99 up Jeep Grand Cherrokee "Limited" uses the same lug but no steel wheel avalable aftermarket. Various aftermakret larger wheel uses the same specs.

This is what I have been able to come up with. Anyone have more to add?

I recently bought a set of 16" rims for my 2011 R/T from a local tire shop for $58 plus tax each. The sales guy said the 2011 Journey was listed as a compatible model in their system so they should fit. I'm getting them installed tomorrow so I will let you know how it went.

I am also in nb F'ton area was wondering where you got your rims I have 19 inch tires and want to switch for winter it can be cruel here and DOT isn't all that sharp with the plows

I am also in nb F'ton area was wondering where you got your rims I have 19 inch tires and want to switch for winter it can be cruel here and DOT isn't all that sharp with the plows

I got them in the Moncton area: Goguen Tires Inc - 1140 rue Champlain, Dieppe, NB E1A 8L8 - (506) 388-9922 ‎

I hear ya. Last winter was brutal around here!

Hi again, just figured I'd let you guys know the 16's are now installed so no problems with fitting. I do have a small vibration when over 100 km/h but I'm bringing it back monday morning to have the balancing re-checked.

My Journey is brilliant black and I love the look with the black rims. I think if I had the cash I would get my 19's redone in a darker color. Something like this.

Glad you found some wheels big bob!

I had the balancing re-checked this morning and two of the rims are bent and that's what's causing the vibration. Called Goguen Tires and they're ordering me two replacements right away. I have to say the Journey feels so light with the 16's compared to the 19's now. Those 19's are HEAVY! My fuel mileage has gone up quite a bit too. It's showing 10.8L/100KM right now and I'm usually at around 11.5-12.

Hey guys sorry if this was already answered. I'm at work and can't search on here too long cause our connection sucks and I'm probably sucking up all the bandwidth.

Called a garage for a quote. he quoted me 875 tax in with rims for the Toyo Observe open country. He said the rims are not OEM but there would be no issue to install them. He had done so on another journey this week.

Think it'll be ok?

Thanks

D

I would be cautious due to the clearance of the front brake calipers. I test fitted an OEM steel rim that came from a 2010 Town and Country van and I could see the clearance from the caliper is minimal.

Although it would be a headache for you to deal with the garage, it seems they are confident enough and would be willing to replace or not charge you if the wheels/rims don't fit.

Just got back from buying a set of 16" wheels/tires/hub caps from a local ex-owner of a Journey - used one season / 3000 km. Tires are Toyo Open Country G02. Paid $450 for the setup and they look brand new.

Found 'em on Kijiji. Since I'm in Montreal I had to use separate searches combining Journey together with 'snow', 'winter' & 'neiges' - I found several to choose from including one with steel wheels and TPS sensors, but no hub caps, but he wouldn't budge down from $900. I would buy new sensors, wheels and tires for the extra $100 it would cost.

From my perspective, essentially the tires were free, given the price of wheels and caps. And coming from a Journey the wheels will fit mine.

I just picked my winter rims + tires and paid about $ 79 per 16x 6.5 black steel rim. Got the 225/70R16 Toyo Observe GSI-5.

They installed the sensors I brought in for free. I manage to get the sensors from the states for about $136 for 4 sensors (incl shipping). Supplier had a GST number so did not have to pay any custom duties.